What's new

Video Essentials vs. AVIA (1 Viewer)

I'm looking into getting either one or the other and would appreciate getting some opinions on which is the best buy for the money.

MikeyWeitz

Supporting Actor
I don't have an answer for you, but I went with VE and will be using it for the 1st time when my new TSL3294hf arives in a couple of hrs. If yougo the VE route, I will give you a link to the place it got it from for under $19 shipped.

Masood Ali

Supporting Actor
Avia has generally been regarded as the better of the two. It's the one I own, and a member on this board actually helped create the software (Guy Kuo).

RyanDinan

Stunt Coordinator
I think I like AVIA better too (I own both though).

It has easier access to, and more of the test patterns, with discritions of their use.

AVIA is also superior in regard to sound setup, IMHO.

-Ryan

Jack Briggs

Senior HTF Member
The current VE has a difficult-to-navigate menu system, but it's a disc everybody should have. AVIA is more user-friendly. And everybody should own it as well.

Johnny Mac

Stunt Coordinator
The Sound and Vision disc is pretty good and it's made by the same folks thad did Avia. I think you can get it for around $15 at Amazon. It doesn't have every single feature of the $50 discs but it will allow you to effectively calibrate video and audio.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks