What's new

Video Essentials -- can you tell me if these are new? (1 Viewer)

JohnGoggan

Stunt Coordinator
I recently made a great find in that I stumbled upon two copies of Joe Kane's Video Essentials DVDs at a closeout DVD store. They are both shrinkwrapped -- and I am trying to determine if they are new -- or if they are used and have been reshrinked by the store (they didn't know, unfortunately).

I was wondering if anyone might have any ideas on how to tell? When new, where these normally sold in the light shrinkwrap (not the harder cellophane stuff)?

Also, one of them has one of those normal DVD stickers at the top (that has the DVD logo, "Video Essentials" and the barcode -- like most DVDs have when you buy them). This is on TOP of the light shrinkwrap. Again -- anyone know if this is normal for new ones -- or if some store may have added it later?

I mainly want to know because I don't want to open them up to check for the blue filter if they are actually new -- since I think they're worth more unopened, of course. But, if they ARE used, then I want to check for the filter before I sell them so that I can honestly say that it is in there or not...

Thanks.

- John...

P.S. I guess, while I'm here, I'll mention that I'll take decent offers on here -- although I'll need to just EBay them if I don't get comparible offers, of course. Thanks.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
John, regardless of your quest for such confirmation, forum guidelines require you to post an asking price for items you would like to sell in this area. Please do so soon, or the post will be removed.

JohnGoggan

Stunt Coordinator
Oops! Sorry about that. When I started my original post, I had no intention of selling -- just mentioned that at the end as a secondary thought.

That being said, I'll give an asking price so that I'm not breaking the rules, of course. I just checked EBay for recently closed auctions of this in new or like-new condition (which I'll have to assume these are for now if I want to value them fairly). The most recent ones all went for at least $50 -- two just closed at $59.99 each plus shipping. So, I'll ask $55 plus actual shipping for one of mine if anyone is interested.

Of course, I'm still interested in determining if these are brand-new or not if anyone has any ideas. If not, I'll just sell them here or EBay them later as "shrinkwrapped, but not positive they are brand new" or something. I'm sure they'll still go for $55-$60 like that without too much hassle.

Thanks.

- John...

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks