What's new

Vicky Cristina Barcelona Audio Problem - Help Please! (1 Viewer)

GerardoHP

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Gerardo Paron
I just got VCB in Bluray and, for some reason, the center channel is not throwing any dialogue. The dialogue is mostly coming out of the rear speakers. The center channel has some ambience effects, and a little bit of the dialogue comes out of the right and left speakers., but most of it comes out of the rear.

Now I'm aware that this is not supposed to be a very aggressive mix, and that it's a barely a three-channel track to begin with. But, not center speaker?

I'm beffudled because my system works fine with all my other DVD's and BR's. Not just that, but the sound over the menu, with a song that has vocals, comes out of the center speaker just fine.

Could it be that this particular disc is faulty?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!

sptrout

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Steve
I have not watched this movie, but from what I have read, it was recorded in 2.0 or maybe mono, I do not remember which. Apparently, Woody is not big on audio.

GerardoHP

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Gerardo Paron
The problem is not the mono, which is to be expected in a Woody movie, but the fact that the dialogue mostly comes out of the rear channels and not at all out of the center channel. Has anyone heard of such a thing? (Again, my system is correctly connected and works fine with all my other DVD's, BR's and TV broadcasts).

Mark Zimmer

Senior HTF Member
I didn't have this issue with my Blu-ray of VCB, which had the dialogue coming properly from the front (not sure if it was center, but it definitely wasn't coming out of the rears).

Stephen_J_H

All Things Film Junkie
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Stephen J. Hill
DVDBeaver indicates that VCB is LPCM 3.0 in their review of the film's BD. It's possible that Woody Allen wanted a mix with the dialogue coming from across the entire front soundstage, rather than being localised in the centre channel. Stranger things have happened. If dialogue is coming out of your rear speakers, that suggests a hookup problem--possibly a faulty HDMI cable? How are you hooked up?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation921
Recent bookmarks