What's new

VERY Inexpensive 6.1 set (1 Viewer)

Christopher_R

Auditioning
Yes I think the Onkyo one does. I bought last years set, the 5.1 setup not the 6.1 for my girlfriend. My girlfriend and I didnt like the Onkyo SR-500 receiver that came with it so she instead got a yamaha htr-5550 receiver. She is very happy with this since it is her bedroom setup and it fills her small room nicely.

Jonathan Dagmar

Supporting Actor
I have the Yamaha speaker package and I am very happy with it. When I went shopping for home theatre I knew that I did not want a home theatre in a box, I also knew that I did want a 6.1 reciever, and I needed to do it on a modest budget. I opted for the ns-p436 speakers fromn Yamaha coupled with a Panasonic sa-xr25 receiver. For about a thousand dollars canadian I have a 6.1 system with both DTS-es and Dolby Digital EX, 600 watts of power, six decent speakers, and a decent powered sub. The sounds quality is very good to my ears. My setup is in a small room, but I think it would still be plenty even in a room twice the size.

My plan was to start with a complete system that I could later upgrade bit by bit, however I do not feel a great need to do so just now. (BTW, those flunace speakers sound like a great deal, but I sadly do not have space for full size speakers right now, so I am restricted to sub-sat combos)

EricTut

Grip
I recently purchased an Onkyo TR600 and the HT500 package, which is the 6.1 reciever with 5.1 speaker set. All for 500$, slightly used though. For my first home theater, I aint complaining. Still tweaking it though. I already had a DVD player, so I didnt need that.

Good luck

Eric

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks