What's new

Veronica Mars Season 3 (1 Viewer)

JohnS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Steffens
WOW!
I was yelling like crazy at the TV, saying "You cant kill off Lamb, you just can't!"
I loved this episode, and it does look like next week will be even better.
I'm going out on a limb and say it's Tim, Professor Landry's TA, is the one who killed Dean Odell

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
Greg_S_H said:
I'm sorry John feels the show is barely worth watching since it may be marching to the grave. I'm still completely into it and hoping the CW has a brain freeze or something and greenlights it for another year. Not likely, but what else are they going to slot in?
The thing is, I'm not terribly pessimistic about a fourth year. From what I gather, its ratings are holding steady and retaining a good chunk of what Gilmore Girls gets, no-one at the network wants to cancel it, and CW is likely going to have a lot of slots to fill next year (7th Heaven is likely gone, Gilmore Girls very well could be, and I'll be a lot of contracts are up on Smallville, too) and they inherited UPN's anemic development group.
Besides, I've never really understood the need to know a series will be around X days in the future to enjoy it today. We know we're not going to get shafted with any loose ends - Mars's producers have been really good about satisfying endings - so it's silly to concern ourselves too much with the future here.

NeilO

Senior HTF Member
Nicholas Martin said:
This whole thing with Lamb and Keith, it was all so sudden. There was just no opportunity for any foreshadowing/speculation because there was just no time.
I was quite surprised that they killed Lamb off. I thought the Keith would take over temporarily while Lamb was recovering, but I didn't think Lamb would die.
Neil

ScottH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Hanson
Killing off Lamb doesn't make sense to me unless he really pissed the producers of the show off, or they already know the show won't be back for a 4th season.

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
Or they know it will but they might have to clear salary.
It's also a reminder that what Keith and Veronica do is often dangerous, that if they ever get careless, they could end up dead without some great, meaningful coda to their lives, and maybe Veronica's lovable wiseass nature is as much a sign of recklessness as it is being smarter than everyone around her.

Marty M

Senior HTF Member
Thanks for the update. I missed last night's episode. I thought I was recording VM while I was watching The Unit. It turns out the DVR was recording the another show that I had also set to record at the same time. I'll understand this technology someday. ;)

JohnS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Steffens
I'm thinking Tim is the one who put the tracker in Landry's cell phone.
Supposidly Smallville is more than likely going to Season 7, thats when Lex's(Michael Rossenbaums) contract ends. And according to him, other stars contracts go past season 7. So it looks like Smallville is safe for now.
Gillmore GIrls and 7th Heaven on the other hand might be going, but seem to be saying somewhat strong.
I really hope Veronica goes into Season 4. It would be nice, now that Keith is Sheriff again, to see Veronica assist at the FBI thing, Landry set up

Travis_S

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Travis
Next week is the last one, then Pussycat Dolls takes over and VM returns in April sometime for the final 5 episodes of the season (series?), which are stand alone mysteries.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
Jason Seaver said:
's producers have been really good about satisfying endings - so it's silly to concern ourselves too much with the future here.
I don't get it, either. It's not like Thomas and Co. don't want to be around for at least five years, but they don't get to decide that. That's television for ya. I hope you're right that a fourth season is more likely than conventional wisdom suggests, because there's a lot of pessimism on the internet. Of course, the reaction to that should be, "Pessimism? On the INTERNET? NO!" :laugh:

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
JohnS said:
I really hope Veronica goes into Season 4. It would be nice, now that Keith is Sheriff again, to see Veronica assist at the FBI thing, Landry set up
Boom, right there you nailed the essence of what i'm eluding to.
To me I simply cannot get excited about all of these great storylines and possibilities when they could all be for nothing, if I knew that it would be back next year than that would be different but how can I care when we may be down to the final few eps with all these cool things happening?

Jay_B!

Screenwriter
personally, I think killing Lamb was a bold and interesting move on the behalf. Why? because they didn't pimp it with an overly sensational promotional campaign about "someone isn't making it out alive". I really hate when the networks do that because it takes the shock value out when a character dies, and let's face it, nine out of ten times, it's never anyone actually important to the show. So for them to off Lamb without a peep from VM about how shocking the episode was going to be was a relief.

People love to be shocked, I don;t think the networks are aware of that. I mean, I think the recent supermarket episode of Housewives would've been much more exciting if ABC didn't make sure to know somebody died, so when Laurie shot ____ (in case it's a spoiler to anyone), it was a little surprising, but you knew someone was going to meet their end.

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
Inspector Hammer! said:
Some of you don't get it and that's cool, but rest assure you'll hear me sing a different tune if it get's picked up for a 4th, another season is enough time to make everything that's happening now worth while, but now...
But if it gets picked up for a fourth season, Thomas and company will likely plant seeds then that might not have a chance to germinate until a fifth that is by no meas assured. It's a potentially never-ending cycle of not enjoying good television (or comics or books or any other medium that's serial in nature) not because there's anything wrong with what you're seeing, but because of concern about potential disappointment.
Screw that. I'll take all the quality Veronica Mars its makers are able to give me, and when there's not any more, I'll be disappointed. But not a second before.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
Them turning a blind eye to--and even helping out with--the insurance fraud did piss me off, just like a similar occurence on another show last week. Two shows in a row where the characters basically said, "Well, I sympathize with the reason this person is stealing, so I'm not going to give them up." I hope, in the case of V and Keith, that they either come to their senses or have to face the consequences of their actions. They're smart enough to know that everything outs in the end. I can't believe they think they're immune to that. Vinnie's poking around the case, for one thing, and would undoubtedly love to take Keith down.

ScottH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Hanson
Greg_S_H said:
Them turning a blind eye to--and even helping out with--the insurance fraud did piss me off, just like a similar occurence on another show last week. Two shows in a row where the characters basically said, "Well, I sympathize with the reason this person is stealing, so I'm not going to give them up." I hope, in the case of V and Keith, that they either come to their senses or have to face the consequences of their actions. They're smart enough to know that everything outs in the end. I can't believe they think they're immune to that. Vinnie's poking around the case, for one thing, and would undoubtedly love to take Keith down.
I didn't think that move was so far out of character for Keith and Veronica. They've always been akin to the "greater good".

seanOhara

Supporting Actor
Inspector Hammer! said:
To me I simply cannot get excited about all of these great storylines and possibilities when they could all be for nothing,
I could understand that with a show like Lost, where a premature cancelation would leave all sorts of unanswered questions. But with VM there won't be any major loose ends at the end of the season (especially now that they're dumping the arcs).

JohnS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Steffens
I could understand that with a show like Lost, where a premature cancelation would leave all sorts of unanswered questions. But with VM there won't be any major loose ends at the end of the season (especially now that they're dumping the arcs).
In a recent Interview, Kristen Bell has said that the show and the chararcter of Veronica, deserves and should have an open ended ending.
She doesn't want the character to have a closure.
She wants the feeling that Veronica is so smart, that her possibilites are open and almost endless. So it would be better to not have closure when the final episode comes about.
Veronica Mars deserves a fourth season, VM has recently stayed in the #5 spot. Veronica MArs has the audience and a smart one of that.
CW would be doing a bad thing and dump VM.
ITs really sad when good quality television gets hidden and blindsided by terrible TV like American Idol, especially the highlights I've seen from the all boys edition the other day.

Ken Chan

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ken
Did Lamb say that he smelled bread for his dying words?
Yes. I immediately took that as an indicator that he was dying, as have others. Apparently there was an episode of MASH that used the line, but I can't say why I came to that conclusion.

Best episode in a while.

JohnS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Steffens
Apparently there was an episode of MASH that used the line, but I can't say why I came to that conclusion.
maybe because Lamb loved using 80's refrences.

Of course I was never a mash watcher, so I cant say when the term was use in the show, since mash was also in the 70's

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks