What's new

Veronica Mars Gets A Clue On DVD!!! (1 Viewer)

Lou Sytsma

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lou Sytsma
Late to the party. Just finished the boxset. Great series. Too bad it is up against Lost and Season 2 is not even aired in Canada as far as I can see. Course it may start later here which is not unusual.

ElijahS

Supporting Actor
It's actually not that bad that the show is up against Lost - it's somehow doing better this year, and less likely to be cancelled after this season in comparison to last year.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
It's bad for me, since I get HD on my computer and can only watch/record one. I'm thinking I'll record VM in HD and watch Lost on TV. Or, I could buy a second tuner and record them both. But, that would be crazy. :crazy: If it would even record two at the same time. Don't know.

Lou Sytsma

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lou Sytsma
The only real sticking point of implausibility that bothered me from season one was the location of the tapes. Surely the police search of Lilly's bedroom would have included such an obvious spot - especially if Veronica's father would have been involved.

Robert Ringwald

Senior HTF Member
Lou,

I suppose it might have been possible they would have found them, but considering she was killed outside, I thought they didn't really search her room. They photographed it for evidence and likely looked around, but it didn't seem to me like they suspected anything was hidden in there.

The fact that it's up against LOST AND the ratings are up is a positive. I'm sure UPN sees that anything else they stick in that slot will crumble (South Beach scored 2.07 million total viewers last Wed. in Veronica's usual time-slot. Unless it's a rerun of Everybody Hates Chris, the show has proven it can sustain decent ratings for UPN against one of the top 5 rated shows on TV. Not to mention Criminal Minds is moving up there (15 million most weeks) to be a top contender as well. Whatever's happening, it's working, and if the show is renewed, I'm sure season 3 will get as much of a boost as season 2 did. The more people watch the more they love.

It's kind of funny, a friend of mine mentioned why he doesn't like VM. He said, and I quote "I didn't like high school, so it's hard for me to enjoy high school shows. Plus, there's not enough diversity amongst the cast..."

1) This show has such a negative view of HS, repeatedly showing the power/class differences and such at work there

2) Apart from LOST and a few other UPN shows I can't think of another series that has diversity amongst the cast and still doesn't seem to go "Look at us! We're diverse!" Everyone seems well casted and adds to the show in their own way.

Maybe it's because he's only seen a few episodes, but it amazes me why people watch some shows or avoid others.

I also had a friend who didn't like The Little Mermaid because "She's like a fish for half of the movie, then she can't talk for the second half!"

I understand having personal tastes, but at least have a good reason for why you like or dislike something...

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
Spoilerized, for those who are just watching this on DVD:

One possible problem with the tapes being in Lilly's vent is that Weevil was in her room, looking for his pen. He claims to be the one to have taught her the vent trick, so he either found his pen in there and didn't mess with the tapes (unlikely), he found his pen and was caught before he could get to the vent, or it's a plot hole. I think the second option works fine, unless the dialog where Weevil said he taught her about the vent specifically contradicts it. I don't remember.

Lou Sytsma

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lou Sytsma
In the interest of thoroughness a search of her room - if not the whole house - would be mandatory. It was especially annoying when it could be seen that one of the screws was sticking out.

Also since the father was the prime suspect a thorough search of the house is a given.

No biggie though, the drama of the first season is worth such a gaffe.

Keith I

FoS
Real Name
Keith
Remember, there is a separate thread in the TV Shows section to discuss the show itself. See Post #246.

I hope that WB will release Season 2 on DVD before Season 3 airs (and not right before; gotta give us some time) so people can catch up. And let's hope there are a little more extras this time but I'm all right with no extras as long as the price is right.

And WB: Please turn the menu audio volume down! Boy, it gives me a jolt whenever I get back to the main menu when the music is so much louder than the episodes audio. I know there is a Play All feature but sometimes people can't watch all at one time. Thanks!
-

Robert Ringwald

Senior HTF Member
Then again, the whole corruption of power angle the show aims for would certainly imply that since Lilly's dad figured Duncan had done it, he removed much of the option for a search. The whole point of the first season was the fact that there were glaringly obvious holes in the "story" of what happened to Lilly, and only Keith initially believed them. I wouldn't be surprised if a huge search of the house wasn't something he pushed against ("We're upset... blah blah blah.")
From what it sounds like, nobody believed anyone from the family was possibly a suspect, which is why the town rallied against Keith for pointing Mr. Kane as the murderer.
Also, Weevil didn't claim to give the tip to Lilly. Veronica sees Logan do the same thing in his guest house, and comments that he learned it from Lilly, he corrects her and says "Lilly learned that from me."

I'm sure it could be considered a plot hole, but remember that there was a whole bunch of evidence to lead Keith to suspect Lilly's death was fishy, and most of it was ignored at the time.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vasyear
Recent bookmarks