What's new

Veritas: The Quest has been Cancelled (1 Viewer)

Aryn Leroux

Screenwriter
To bad about this series they had 9 episodes finished only 3 got to air. I wonder if another network will pick this up i thought it was pretty good all be it i saw only 3 shows. The other monday night program Miracles that followed Veritas has survived for the time being but it could be cancelled in the coming weeks aswell.

LennyP

Supporting Actor
Damn! I knew it. At least one of them 2 still surviving.

Farscape cancelled. Still have Stargate SG-1
Odyssey 5 cancelled. Still have Jeremiah
Firefly cancelled. Still have Fastlane and John Doe
Veritas cancelled, still have Miracles for now, and Alias and Dragnet!
Robbery Homicide Division cancelled too... got all reairs on USA, best cop show ever.
Sex and the City, Sopranos, Oz ending too.

So no more episodes will air, that sucks, leaving 6 unaired. They could at least air it during the day or like at 2am for those few who want to see it, instead of infomercials or crappy daytime shows.

Oh and take RHD, it went through almost 3 complete reair cycles of its 10 episodes in USA, why not show 11-13 instead...
:frowning:

So now I won't have EP4 of Veritas to pair with 3 on a DVD-R...

Jeff Kohn

Supporting Actor
Man I can't believe this was canceled already, talking about not even giving it a chance. And I thought the ratings for it were OK, though admittedly not great. Did Miracles get substantially better ratings than Veritas? Was the show officially canceled, or is this just an assumption based on the fact that it's not on the next few weeks?

I liked Veritas OK, it was a fun show. But the one I'm most interested in is Miracles. If ABC cancels that it will be the last new series by them that I bother checking out. I only watch one other show on ABC right now (Alias), pretty much everything else on their lineup is crap.

DwightK

Second Unit
It's me guys, sorry:frowning:

Every show I try watching and find I enjoy is immediately dropped by the networks.

Again I'm sorry.

From what I remember seeing on zap2it, Veritas was getting just as good/bad of ratings as the other 2 shows on monday night, miracles and whatever.

I think I will cancel John Doe next.

Jeff Kohn

Supporting Actor
Every show I try watching and find I enjoy is immediately dropped by the networks.
Well I hope you're not a fan of Miracles... ;)

I know how you feel though, I don't know why I keep getting my hopes up with the networks put on a cool new series, they always get canceled unless it's the same old cop/lawyer drama, sitcom, or reality program.

Brian_FSullivan

Stunt Coordinator
To bad about this series they had 9 episodes finished only 3 got to air. I wonder if another network will pick this up i thought it was pretty good all be it i saw only 3 shows. The other monday night program Miracles that followed Veritas has survived for the time being but it could be cancelled in the coming weeks aswell.
Actually "Veritas: The Quest" returns with new episodes beginning March 10:

http://abc.abcnews.go.com/primetime/veritas/index.html

The pre-emption tonight was a last-minute decision in order to avoid getting destroyed by "Joe Millionaire's" finale. (ABC will air a "Primetime Live" special and an encore of its "Living With Michael Jackson" special instead.) Not being aired on February 24 and March 3 was announced a while back when ABC unveiled its schedule for "I'm a Celebrity, Get Me Out of Here!" Several other ABC series are getting the boot during that 15-day period as well, including "Life With Bonnie," "Less Than Perfect" and "The Drew Carey Show." So it's not alone in the pre-emptions this month. Certainly "Veritas" is skating on thin ice (finishing fifth in your time slot will do that) but for now it's still alive.

Brian Ford Sullivan
Editor-In-Chief
The Futon Critic
http://www.thefutoncritic.com

Ryan_C

Second Unit
That's cool then. My dad and I were kinda pissed that they were cancelling it so early. It's not a great show, but it's fun to watch.

Jeff Kohn

Supporting Actor
Brian,

That's good news, I was hoping it was something like that. BTW, can't wait until your site is back up.. :)

Aryn Leroux

Screenwriter
Is there a statement from ABC saying it was not cancelled ? Because before it was cancelled the next showing was suppose to be that date anyway. I always use episodeguides.com and they are usually very accurate with there tv programming info. I hope their wrong and it is coming back in march but you can check the url below and see it's canned according to them.

http://www.epguides.com/VeritasTheQuest/

LennyP

Supporting Actor
That's great! At least a few more episodes will be good enough!

And it's listed on the official ABC site now, so I'll trust them rather than some independent fanboy epguides website.

Jeff Kohn

Supporting Actor
When this thread first announced the cancellation I went looking for other sources to corroborate the info, and couldn't find anything. Was there ever an official announcement by ABC? Methinks maybe epguides.com just jumped the gun.

derek

Second Unit
I'm liking this show. Kinda like an 'Indiana Jones' series for the 21st century. I hope ABC gives it some more time.

DwightK

Second Unit
I haven't truthfully watched a commercial since activating my DirecTIVO, so I can't get commercials cancelled:b

Malcolm, you have no right to make me suffer like that.

I find it terribly ironic that every show I find enjoyable gets crap ratings and every show I cannot stomach gets great ratings.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
I find it terribly ironic that every show I find enjoyable gets crap ratings and every show I cannot stomach gets great ratings.
I share your pain, Dwight.

My "favorite" shows are all 5-7 years old. None of the new shows I've liked in the past few seasons has ever made it past a handful of episodes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SaladinNagasawa
Recent bookmarks