What's new

ValueElectronics HTF exclusive sale (1 Viewer)

Robert_Zohn

Value Electronics
Premium
Insider
Real Name
Robert Zohn
Eric, yes, but since we double box every order and they are heavy shipments expedited shipping is somewhat expensive.

PM or email me your order # and I'll give you a quote on faster delivery service.

-Robert

ReggieW

Screenwriter
Robert--

Any word yet on the Onkyo HD-DVD player? Do you think it will be announced before or during Cedia? It would be nice for HD-DVD to have more CE manufacturer support during the critical Holiday season. It would also be nice if Samsung or LG jumped in with a player as well.

Thanks

Robert_Zohn

Value Electronics
Premium
Insider
Real Name
Robert Zohn
Reggie, I do expect to see more HD DVD players at CEDIA, not sure who will be announcing and showing which models/brands yet.

Samsung should be announcing their first dual format player and LG is likely to display their second gen. hybrid BD/HD DVD player.

-Robert

ReggieW

Screenwriter
Thanks Robert.

We already know that the Onkyo has already been shown in England, so I'd be surprised if they didn't have it at Cedia. I also e-mailed Denon through their official website, and the response I received leads me to believe that they have an HD-DVD player in preparation as well. Denon does not appear to be by any means "BD exclusive," but simply announced a BD player first.

Robert_Zohn

Value Electronics
Premium
Insider
Real Name
Robert Zohn
Reggie, I agree. CEDIA will be very exciting this year for the HD optical disc formats.

I expect we'll see several interesting announcement.

-Robert

Paul Arnette

Senior HTF Member

Robert, could you give us an idea of what time this offer will be up or how long will this special pre-order sale will be offered? I will be out-of-town this weekend, and I wouldn't want to miss anything. :)

Robert_Zohn

Value Electronics
Premium
Insider
Real Name
Robert Zohn
Robert, yes we'll have Samsung's hybrid player.

Paul, not sure what time, but around 8:00 PM EST this Friday. The pre-order sale should last till the end of September and will be listed on the HTF private VE page.

-Robert

Tim Glover

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim Glover
Really looking forward to reading reviews of the Samsung Combo player. I'm already having space issues/clutter with my current setup of 2 HD/BD players.

Good luck with the sale Robert.

Robert_Zohn

Value Electronics
Premium
Insider
Real Name
Robert Zohn
Well it was an exhausting week. Tons of business and technology meetings in Vegas. Unfortunate staff issues to deal with and all sorts of new technologies to study and digest.

So far I was only able to get my first draft of our preliminary .pdf data sheet on the HD-A30. By Monday evening we'll have the A35 up and hopefully our exclusive forum early pre-order special offers launched.

Take a look at our .pdf data sheet and post any questions or comments. Much more to come soon...

http://valueelectronics.com/htf.htm

-Robert

Steve...O

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve
Robert, I am seriously considering making the leap to HD-DVD because of the rave comments about the upconversion. However I have not been able to confirm whether the high end Generation 3 player will have the same Reon processor as the Generation 2 XA2 player. Supposedly this processor is one of the best on the market. Has Toshiba provided you any information as to how the Gen 3 model compares in this regard?

Looking forward to your updated page when it is available!

Thanks,

Steve

Robert_Zohn

Value Electronics
Premium
Insider
Real Name
Robert Zohn
Steve, here's what I'm told.

The HD-A35 has a few advantages over the XA2, like faster load times, slim line design and lower cost, but also consider the XA2 is staying in the line as the flagship player. The XA2 benefits from the bi-directional RS232, and Silicon Optix Reon SD DVD up-conversion video processor.

Plus we are getting the long awaited firmware upgrade to 1080p at 24fps and as a bonus for all of us waiting so long we're getting HBR pass through.

Thanks to all for your support!

-Robert

Robert_Zohn

Value Electronics
Premium
Insider
Real Name
Robert Zohn
Our Gen 3 HD DVD player HTF special sale is up. The pre-order allocation is limited, first come first served.

Let me know what you think.

-Robert

Paul Arnette

Senior HTF Member
Robert,

I don't see the new Onkyo HD DVD player amongst the pre-order option. Is this no longer going to be part of the HTF sale?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation921
Recent bookmarks