What's new

Vacation! Iron Giant SE! Bottom! More AYBS?! More Eastwood! HERE's WB;s SUMMER SLATE! (2 Viewers)

teapot2001

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thi
Finally, the DVD I've been waiting for is coming out in a few months: Curly Sue. :emoji_thumbsup:

~T

Dan Rudolph

Senior HTF Member
Don't blame Whoopi for Theodore Rex. She apparently made an oral agreement to be in it, then tried to pull out when she saw the script. She's only it it because they brought a lawsuit to force her.

Geoff_D

Supporting Actor
Great. I bought The Rookie (the Eastwood directed actioner) on LD after searching high and low for a dvd, and then what happens? It gets released in another wave of Eastwood dvds, of course! And what else can I say but "It's about time!" for that complete Bottom release. There are only 18 episodes but can we get them all on dvd in the UK? No. All we get is a compilation dvd, which is a sure indicator of the BBC not being that bothered about it. It's a pity I'll have to turn to the States to pick up the complete series of one of my favourite home-grown comedies. I don't think we've even gotten the second series of the Young Ones yet. But enough bitching, I'm just glad Richie and Eddie's entire exploits are hitting dvd.

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
Damn... no extras for Memoirs of an Invisible Man?
Warner has not gotten to the point yet of announcing supplements for the stuff on my list! Don't think there's a lack of supplements just because no "extras" listing was available yet. All those details are "To Be Announced"...if not, you'd see a press release already. Be patient, there's more info to come later on these titles later on. My list and info so far are just a "head's up"!

Randy_M

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Randy
Start the Revolution Without Me YES! Been waiting a long time for this.

Doctor Who's already preordered.

Wait Until Dark and The Thing are pretty good bets.

Steve Schaffer

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Schaffer
Start the Revolution Without Me, a satire on the Corsican Brothers with Gene Wilder and Donald Sutherland is a little-known comedy gem that I've been waiting for ever since the beginning of dvd. This along with the recent announcement of Billy Wilder's One Two Three with Jimmy Cagney will be must-haves for me.

Patrick Mirza

Supporting Actor
"That's not a real gun, is it Clark?"
"Are you kidding this is a Magnum P.I."
"It's a BB gun. You couldn't even break the skin with that thing."
"It could break the skin... it could cause a very bad infection!"

Mark Zimmer

Senior HTF Member
Wow, Warner finally decided that they want to get some of my DVD dollar! Well, keep releasing things like Full Bottom and House of Wax, and they can have it! This will be an expensive summer. :D

Haden

Supporting Actor
That's a beautiful Vacation cover. I'm glad they used the classic Boris Vallejo movie poster art.

Jesse Blacklow

Senior HTF Member
Just did a lookup for the Crimson Pirate on IMDB, one of my all-time favorite movies that my dad introduced me to. It says that Christopher Lee (as in Hammer films and Saruman) was in it! He would have been 30, so I'll take a look to make sure it's the same guy.

Randy A Salas

Screenwriter
David, thanks for calling attention to Warner's sneaky update to its press site. I was able to sub out the scheduled sidebar to my weekly DVD column with this timely info.
:emoji_thumbsup:

Zen Butler

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Zen K. Butler
07/08/2003 $99.98 La Femme Nikita: The Complete First Season (DVD)

I may be the "late show" on this, but this is my second most anticipated release ever. This is wonderful news to a huge fan of the much under appreciated series. AWESOME news! .
Thank you

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
Zen, indeed I think you are a tad behind if this is the first you've seen of Nikita's release! :wink:

Cover art and complete details are here!

Zen Butler

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Zen K. Butler
Thanks for the link. For those trying to pre-order at DeepDiscount, the have it misspelled as Le Femme Nikita. They have great prices, but their search function is the worst ever. Yes JB, the worst!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SaladinNagasawa
Recent bookmarks