What's new

V8 Juice: I'm a Believer now!! (1 Viewer)

Scott Thomas

Second Unit
After years of being afraid to try V8 juice, I read an article in Men's Health saying that V8 is the best substitue to getting your vegatables.

After seeing my boss at work drinking V8 reguraly, I finally broke down and had one. I fell in love with the first sip.

Now I drink at least two glasses of low-sodium V8 a day (only 140mg of Sodium) along with my daily fruit and vegatable intake.

V8, you got a new long term customer!!!

Colin-H

Second Unit
I drink boatloads of V8, man. I used to buy the 2-pack of 64ozers during the school year at BJs. I'd buy like 6 bottles at a time. That'd last maybe 2 or 3 months. Now I'm switching to the low sodium. I think it's worth the extra cash.

All my friends think I'm insane, but V8 is great. It just got a bad rap.

KeithH

Senior HTF Member
Scott, now you can stop smacking yourself in the head and saying, "I shoulda had a V8!" ;) Like you in the past, I have always been afraid to try V8. I don't like tomato juice, and red juice has always been a turn-off for me. Perhaps one day I'll get up the nerve to try it. For now, I'll stick with salads, veggies, and fruit. :)

AviTevet

Stunt Coordinator
I can't stand the low sodium V8 juice. It tastes like dirt to me. The hot & spicy V8 though... I could drink that all day :)

Niel_JL

Stunt Coordinator
Hot and spicy V8 is not good in my opinion.
I drink regular V8 this way: 1 Tsp Red Hot sauce
Pinch of salt
Ground black pepper
Ground white pepper
Hell if you add horseradish , worcester sauce, and vodka, you got yourself a fine bloody mary
Without extra spices, the V8 is a little bland.
I encourage you all to try adding some stuff to it.
AND it replaces veggies :emoji_thumbsup:
JL

Mark C Sherman

Second Unit
As I am sitting here drinking my bottled Starbucks frappuccino I am thinking about goung out and getting some V8. never had a V8

Leila Dougan

Screenwriter
I drink V8 daily as well. Only 70 calories a can and it fills me up. Pair that with a piece of fruit or some yogurt and I've got a fine breakfast that keeps me full till lunch. I do like the stuff a lot, too. Picante flavor is my favorite but I'll get the regular flavor if I have to.

NickSo

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Nick So
Yeah, at school sometimes i like to drink V8.. its not as gross as tomato juice, and tastes pretty good...
I gotta try some of that hot and spicy kind or put some tabasco sauce in it or something
htf_images_smilies_yum.gif

Charles J P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
CJ Paul
Anyone drink "Red Beer"? Apperently its a Nebraska thing, (go big red, huskers, etc) but its V8 in beer. I'm not sure exactly what ratio people do but from watching people it looks to be about half a can of V8 for a pint glass. I have only ever seen it made with your garden variaty american beers... bud, bud light, miller, coors, etc.

MikeSerrano

Second Unit
Red beer is not only a Nebraska thing... my dad (Colorado native) used to have the occasional red beer. However, he used plain-old tomato juice.

-Mike

Charles J P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
CJ Paul
You know, now that I think about it, it might be just plain tomato juice :b But it might work with a V8 too.

Ron Etaylor

Second Unit
V8 is terrific. I wonder if you could drink one or two of those a day in place of a meal and lose some weight?

Also red beer is here. Tomato juice in beer. Pour a domestic beer in a glass, then add tomato juice to taste.
Someone told me the idea was developed by beer joints(bars that served only beer, no liquor) so people would have some choice besides drinking beer or soft drinks.

Jon_Are

Senior HTF Member
I drink V8 by the bucketfull. I am totally addicted to it; often I have to restrain myself from drinking too much. It has enough sodium to salt the streets of Detroit each winter.
Tomato juice is nearly as tasty. Drinking it now. :D
Jon

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation449
Recent bookmarks