V: The Series

Discussion in 'TV on DVD and Blu-ray' started by RogerH, Jul 31, 2005.

1. RogerH

RogerH Supporting Actor

Are there many reviews for this? The only one I know of is the one at dvdfile. I have the 2 mini-series but haven't gotten this yet and was hoping to get some feedback on how the set is.

2. Jason Hughes

Jason Hughes Supporting Actor

Jason Hughes
    Assuming you like the show, go for it. The picture quality is in line with the mini-series (in other words OK, nothing special) and the sound is bland mono. No extras to speak of, but the price is fairly low, if I recall.

I liked the first 10 episodes or so, but it went in the toilet when they killed Nathan Bates and Ham Tyler left the show.

3. RogerH

RogerH Supporting Actor

Yeah I'm a fan sounds like a safe buy.

4. RogerH

RogerH Supporting Actor

Weel I'm in the process of watching this set now. Talk about taking me back to the 80's [​IMG]

I'm on the 2nd disc now and while the video isn't mindblowing it is decent with some eps looking better than others.

I'm glad I finally got this.

5. John Sullmeyer

John Sullmeyer Second Unit

It's a decent release. Too bad the next generation is in limbo. [​IMG]

Would have been cool to see Diana at it again.

6. RogerH

RogerH Supporting Actor

Yeah hopefully they will get that sorted out.

7. John C

John C Stunt Coordinator

Sorry if I seem I'm thread crapping, but I just want to give my opinions on the series from my current perspective. I loved both the V miniseries and even loved the V series as a child. Watching the series again on DVD...it didn't hold up well for me at all! The super low budget on each episode really brought the production quality down, IMHO. Also, the "Star Child" subplot was abysmal. The last episode with the leader revealed to be some kind of mystical being was more than enough to put the final nails in the coffin of a once great concept. The second season would have been much worse from what I read.
    I think Kevin Johnson had the right idea when he pitched a continuation of V, throwing out the continuity of everything that happened after the first miniseries. I did love V: The Final Battle though.
    Is there a future for V? I hope so.

8. Xenia Stathakopoulou

Xenia Stathakopoulou Cinematographer

I only have v the mini series, and v the final battle on dvd. But then i read Gords post on tv shows on dvd, that the complete series is on sale at amazon for only 11.99 !!!!!!!!!! I remember only liking the first half of the episodes , but for that price i ordered it ! Also ordered wonder woman season 1 for the same price!Thanks Gord !!!

9. Pete Battista

Pete Battista Screenwriter

Pete
    I have had the 2 miniseries for a long time now. I finally blind bought the series just last month... but haven't had the chance to watch it yet. I enjoyed the miniseries so I am looking forward to the series... but I don't have my hopes up to high either.

10. Xenia Stathakopoulou

Pete,from my fuzzy memory when it first aired, i remember liking the first 10 episodes as much as the 2 miniseries . After the 10 episodes the quality is so so. Cant wait to recieve mine towards the end of the month , havent watched it since its original run.

11. Pete Battista

Pete Battista Screenwriter

Pete
    Thanks Tony... good to know that at least half the set should be as enjoyable as the miniseries. [​IMG]

12. Xenia Stathakopoulou

You are welcome Pete !

13. Brian Himes

Brian Himes Screenwriter

Brian
    I've had this set since it came out. The first few episodes are decent, but it quickly became the 'What's Diana going to eat this week' show. The whole Charles and Diana wedding was just dumb. Bringing on Martin's twin brother--stupid. The show quickly spiraled into a parody of itself. It amazes me that ANY of the actors actually stayed with this thing until the end of the season.

I'm glad I have the series on DVD sine I gave up watching it when it originally aired. I had fun finally seeing what happened with the show, but it was also very disappointing.