What's new

V - Season 2 (1 Viewer)

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
Oh now that's pretty classic. Despite my criticism, I liked the first episode this season more then anything last year.. I just thought they could have went a step farther.

Tony J Case

Senior HTF Member
Hey, did the second season of this start up yet? It was suppose to start sometime around the end of January, right? I cant wait to get back to the slow motion train wreck of a show!

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Second week in a row that was better than anything we'd seen in season one. It's still not a show I'd mourn if it was cancelled, but the writing is sharper, and the plot holes a little less glaringly obvious. I like the introduction of a philosophical element into the conflict: much like the aliens in "War of the Worlds" were defeated by a simple virus, the emotional capacity of humanity threatens to undermine the Visitors' plans without us needing to fire a single shot. For a species that seems to colonize worlds by creating new variations on itself through interbreeding with the better adapted native populations, it has to be a constant threat that the part that is native overpowers the part that is Visitor. What will it matter if the next generation is green and scaly and cold-blooded if it thinks and acts human? All the Visitors will have done is better adapt humanity to fight them. Having the original Diana be a deposed Queen who once lived among humanity, compared it to her native species and found her own species lacking is a delicious twist. Had Anna not betrayed her mother, the invasion would have probably still happened. But it would have been in a different form, more palatable to humanity, and probably more successful for it.

Tony J Case

Senior HTF Member
Really? Then off to Hulu I go!

***EDIT***

The hell - they're not running it on Hulu? How weak is that? Well, off to youtube for a round of catchup I guess.

Adam Gregorich

What to watch tonight?
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Adam
I agree that this show is much better this season than last. Unfortunately I think they lost too many viewers with the tepid last season for it to survive.

Tony J Case

Senior HTF Member
Goddamned! What a sucktacular opening! But at least we get Jane Badler wearing fishnet stockings and fuck-me red high-heeled red pumps inside of a giant corn husk. That's gotta be worth something. And at least the series didnt dick us around dragging out the "What is that red rain?" for half a season. That's another point in the show's favor.

The rest of it? It still doesnt make a lick of sense.They go and talk to Science Nerd (who astoundingly is a doctor of archeology, biology, chemistry, environmental science, and a few dozen other things) and tell him about all the bad things the Visitors have done - the Healing Hospitals, the Blue Energy (which really sounds more like a specialty drink or a Disco group from the seventies than the Salvation of the World) - and yet they fail to back up their assertions with one horrible thing that the aliens have done - aside from poor marketing brand name choices. And speaking of Nerd Doctor, he "carbon-dated" material at the crater to be least fifty years old? I got two words: Fuck and no. Carbon dating doesn't work for material that young. And then he has no idea what this mystery compound is, but Angry Black Man can just look at it and say, "Oh, it's a phosphorus compound." Does this Nerd Doctor even have a science degree?

And so Anna flips out and lost her shit and unleashed some godlike terror machine that made the fucking sky bleed for four days. Cool! This means that something is going to happen - Syria is going to launch its entire payload of missles at a mothership! The President addresses the nation urging calm while privately wondering if the bill for all these wonderful alien advancements is finally coming due, and our resistance cell has to deal with dangerous copycats inspired to start whacking Visitors, and Anna realizes she overstepped and is now going to face public distrust. . . .

Nope. One speech and everyone completely changes their minds about the rain of blood, and they all is forgiven? Riiiiight.

And for someone so immune to human emotions, Anna sure has a LOT of 'em. I'm not talking about flipping out at all her babies being killed, but she's smarmy and smug and pretty casual about showing 'em off. And if Anna can't understand human emotions at all, how is she so good at manipulating ours?

But at least Jane Badler looks pretty good after all this time. It might be stunt casting, but it's pretty good stunt casting.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
It's weird seeing Elizabeth Mitchell in this show about cross-breeding, fertility and babies after watching her in "Lost" and what went down with pregnancies and babies on the island.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Tony, I agree with most of your complaints but STILL think the first two episodes have been better than anything in season one.

I disagree about Red Rain, though. While many people have bought into Anna's explanation of Red Rain, many others were not. The premature launching of Red Rain without setup and without explanation for a week was a big boon to the Fifth Column. I don't think we'd have seen the suicide bombings if it weren't for Red Rain, and I think a lot of people around the world are asking questions that they weren't asking before.

Tony J Case

Senior HTF Member
Hopefully we'll see some fallout from the red rain later on in the humans reactions - but somehow I kind of doubt it.

And true they may have been better than season 1 (haven't seen the second episode yet), but when you set the bar that low. . . .

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
The comments about Red Rain, reminded me of the Peter Gabriel song.

So I've been watching this show since the beginning. This season has been an improvement. But is this why the aliens are on Earth, to test humans as breeding stock? If Anna could make soldier babies, was she only able to breed once? No more babies? I guess I am asking, are the aliens becoming sterile and need humans to help perpetuate the race? Or are on Earth to enslave?

Jane Badler did look better this week. But I hope she's not going to be stuck down in the dungeon for her run. Perhaps it would be better if she just kills Anna and takes over!

Her time in Australia seems to have given her an accent, I don't her having one in the original V. And from what I can see, she's not Diana. Anna only calls her Mother. Maybe she's one of the copies of...opps, that's a Cylon.

Tony J Case

Senior HTF Member
Originally Posted by TravisR

^ I certainly don't think it's that good of a show but you seem to get absolutely nothing out of it so why do you continue to watch?

The exact same reason that I watched that dreadful Terminator series to conclusion: mostly for the laughs, partially because the basic premise has promise (that the show is failing to exploit) in the vain hope that someday they'll get their shit together and start producing good television.

But mostly it's because the show is like a 18 hour long b-movie, but on network television!

Walter C

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Walter
After watching the 1st episode and part of the 2nd episode of this season, I can see why fewer people are watching this and more watching NCIS: LA, as indicated by the ratings. Needless to say, I'm out!

Josh Dial

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Dial
Originally Posted by Walter C

After watching the 1st episode and part of the 2nd episode of this season, I can see why fewer people are watching this and more watching NCIS: LA, as indicated by the ratings. Needless to say, I'm out!

To be fair, NCIS: LA *is* pretty awesome fun :)

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
I'm mad at V for being selfish and running a minute over. Screws up my recording of Glory Daze. Oh well, only a week more and that show is done for the season (or for all time if it isn't renewed).

DVD S.

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
David Sarff
So seeing a little green reptilian hybrid baby getting a human skin spray-tan

AND be fed a regurgitated giant white rat isn't fun?

It seems kinda fun to me(..at least I was entertained by it, I don't expect anything

else from this show and I certainly won't be 'Buying' it on dvd later)!

I would agree, the first 2 episodes are far and away much better than anything that

they had here last season.

The scenes between Anna and mother were the most interesting, I thought!

I will watch the next one to see what will happen.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks