What's new

V - Season 1 (1 Viewer)

Mikah Cerucco

Senior HTF Member
I don't know of any definite cameos, but they've said they'd like to have some from the first series make an appearance.

Joe_H

Screenwriter
I know that it's because the pilot was probably filmed a long time earlier than this episode, but wow, a lot of people look much different, not the least of which is Anna.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Originally Posted by Joe_H

I know that it's because the pilot was probably filmed a long time earlier than this episode, but wow, a lot of people look much different, not the least of which is Anna.
I didn't really notice anything, except that they didn't try to deage Elizabeth Mitchell as much this episode; she was also a stronger presence.

While this episode didn't have the shocking revelation a minute feel of the pilot, I was still very much invested in the story. I love the Commie/"Body Snatcher" paranoia of it; other than the FBI agent and the priest, anyone could be Visitors. Did Mitchell's boss really get the 911 call from a DEA wire tap, or did he get it directly from the Visitors themselves? (I loved the reveal that 911 calls were being intercepted by the Visitors on a presumably massive scale; it really speaks to the insidiousness of their plot. How can the resistence, when it forms, communicate if all communications are being intercepted?) Is Scott Wolf a sell-out to the aliens, or is he buttering them up for something more hard hitting? What happened to the rebel Visitors before that has them all so scared now? Perhaps most of all, what technology do we humans possess that is so threatening to the Visitors that they need to mount this slow infiltration? They killed the engines of our advanced fighter jets, so why wouldn't they be able kill power to any nuke-carrying ICBMs? Why was Mitchell's son rejected by the Peace Ambassador program? Do they know Mitchell's onto them?

Josh Dial

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Dial
Originally Posted by Adam Lenhardt

Why was Mitchell's son rejected by the Peace Ambassador program? Do they know Mitchell's onto them?
I thought it was pretty obvious that in a role called "peace ambassador," for a group whose motto is "peace, always," you don't want some punk kid roughing up the first person who protests. When the entire plan hinges on diplomatic relations with the USA, front page violence would jeopardize that quite fast. "V Peace Ambassador attacks local taxpayer" isn't exactly a winning headline.

My question is why is the V's video technology so poor? Those guys really need to work on increasing their resolution, or get a few copies of photoshop :)

Joe_H

Screenwriter
Still can't figure out exactly what it is, but even in the two screencaps I posted below something looks way different to me.

Pilot / Episode 1:

https://static.hometheaterforum.com/imgrepo/thumbs/6/63/1.JPG/1000x500px-LL-1.JPG">

Episode 2:

Mikah Cerucco

Senior HTF Member
Originally Posted by Josh Dial

I thought it was pretty obvious that in a role called "peace ambassador," for a group whose motto is "peace, always," you don't want some punk kid roughing up the first person who protests.

It was explicitly stated in the episode:

(man) Hey, the peace ambassador just punched a guy!

Anna's hair looks different in #1x02. Still short, but not the same styling.

KevinGress

Supporting Actor
Originally Posted by Joe_H ">[/url]

Still can't figure out exactly what it is, but even in the two screencaps I posted below something looks way different to me.

Pilot / Episode 1:

[img]https://static.hometheaterforum.com/imgrepo/thumbs/7/75/2.JPG/1000x500px-LL-2.JPG

I know it's a different angle, but she looked much better in the first episode, I think.

Her face looks more gaunt - perhaps it's just lighting and the angle, but could she have lost weight?

PaulHeroy

Stunt Coordinator
Definitely a "warmer" lighting in the first screencap. Also, her hair has just a bit more longer wisps (neck, in front of ear) that give it a softer, more feminine look. Finally, the high, closed neck of her uniform looks a bit harsher than the open neck. But I think the lighting and angle is the primary thing.

Lou Sytsma

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lou Sytsma
Liked this episode better than the first. There is a good dynamic between the priest and the FBI agent and both actors are likeable.

ScottH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Hanson
Have to admit I'm surprised at how many posts this thread is getting. I'm moderately enjoying it and will stick with it for now, but it's pretty run-of-the-mill if you ask me.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
^ I liked the pilot and thought this episode was OK but nothing spectacular. Since they took what must be a drastic step of firing the showrunner only 3 episodes after the pilot, I would think that the next two episodes must have some serious problems though. Once it comes back in March, I'll decide if I want to stick with it based on what the new people bring to the table and the direction that they take the show in.

Kevin Hewell

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kevin Hewell
Whoever the showrunner is I hope they don't fire the production designer. This is some pretty impressive stuff.

Lou Sytsma

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lou Sytsma
Scott Rosenbaum, previously from Chuck, is moving over to become the lead showrunner for V.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
I was a little surprised to see Jace Hall listed as an exec. producer. That makes a little connection. Jace Hall works with Gary Graham on the Jace Hall Show. Gary Graham starred in Kenneth Johnson's Alien Nation. I wish they'd class up the joint by bringing Graham in in a role!

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
My wife suggested I watch the second episode: it was much improved. I'll probably keep watching for a while.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks