What's new

V Inc. DVD Player HD Scaling, DVI, Mpeg4, Divx (1 Viewer)

Greg_Ritchie

Stunt Coordinator
Hi,
Has anyone seen or heard anything about this DVD player from V Inc. (www.vinc.us). It seems to offer a lot of great features, it not only is progressive but also offer scaling to HD resolutions through it's DVI or component outputs. It also plays divx or Mpeg4 movies burned to CDs. It seems to offer a lot for what seems a reasonable price (MSRP $200 US). I know when I looked at getting a Component Breakout for my PC it almost cost that much.

Thanks,
Greg

Greg_Ritchie

Stunt Coordinator
My TV has a DVI input, output is supposed to not be limited through the DVI. I might have thrown you off when I mentioned the Component breakout for the computer.

Greg

MikeSRC

Second Unit
There's supposedly a review of it in the new Sound and Vision magazine that says the scaled output through the DVI connector looked great, but the regular progressive out wasn't that compelling. The player uses an all-in-one chip solution from Sigma Designs.

I should be getting an evaluation sample next week, so we'll see how it looks.

Marc Carra

Supporting Actor
I just read the review. They tested DVI out at 1920 by 1080 and analog component out at 480P. Not really a fair comparision, I think. It appears that with copy protected DVDs the analog component out is limited to 480p but DVI doesn't share the same limitation. This isn't a problem for me since I make non copy-protected DVR backups of my originals and use them. They would be fully scaleable to 1080i with the component output. I'm going to go ahead and order a player to see how it compares with my HTPC MYHD card which I currently use to scale DVDs to 1080i. I'll post my results.

Marc.

JeremyFr

Supporting Actor
if you read its only on the the Compnent out that it wont let you get full 1080i but you can with the DVI connector. I may check into this for the Divx playback feature though I've been waiting for someone to make a DVD player that plays Divx files especially since they have become so popular and are making there way into other retail markets like the Gamecube etc.

John_F

Stunt Coordinator
I'm curious. I see posts about DVI inputs/outputs/connectors. Is it common practice to post "DVI" when refering to "DVI and HDCP".

I ask because I have a display that has DVI but not HDCP, so I think vinc's player would be useless to me.

Thanks,
John Flegert

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks