V.E.G. Hollywood Gold Series (Australia)

Discussion in 'DVD' started by NBN Thornhill, Apr 19, 2012.

1. NBN Thornhill

NBN Thornhill Auditioning

I'm one of the losers who just paid out good $$$ for the Hollywood Gold Series "The Visit".
    Loser? Why?
    I'm a 'Scope obsessive and I expect every reputable company to release films on DVD in their original cinema format.
    Of course I read the small print: "The Visit", we are told, is in "Full frame. Original ratio"(!?)
    What the hell does that mean? You can't have it both ways, guys...
    Oh, well, I suppose you can when you have the credits (including "a CinemaScopE picture")
    in the the original/proper 2.35:1 ratio and the rest of the film centre-cut/full frame.
    Shame on you, shame.
    Anyone want an unwatched/unwatchable copy of "The Visit"? I'm givin' it away.
    Thornhill.

2. Chuck Pennington

Chuck Pennington Supporting Actor

Here's the version of THE VISIT that I have. Full 2.35:1 anamorphic widescreen with no PAL speed-up.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. DeWilson

DeWilson Cinematographer

Denny
    NICE!

4. Thomas T

Thomas T Cinematographer

"Full frame, original ratio" might possibly mean 4x3 wide screen but not anamorphic.
    I stand to be corrected but since The Visit is not (legally) available in region one, I assume Chuck made his PAL free transfer off a TV or cable showing.
    I have the German DVD of The Visit which is anamorphic 2.35. The Spanish DVD of The Visit goes to P&S right after the Scope titles.

5. Chuck Pennington

Chuck Pennington Supporting Actor

You are incorrect - I did not get mine off of cable or any kind of TV airing.
    I had the German 2.35:1 anamorphic PAL disc and then removed the PAL speed-up.