Using tv speakers and HTiB speakers simultaneously

Discussion in 'Beginners, General Questions' started by eb0340, Nov 8, 2013.

1. eb0340

eb0340 New User

Eric
    Hi everyone.

I recently purchased a Panasonic TCL55ET60 LED TV. I'd like to have the TV speakers on all the time, but when watching a sports event or a movie on cable, I'd like to have the option to play sound through my home theater speakers in addition to the TV speakers. (Basically, I don't want my wife to have to turn on the Blu-ray player to just watch normal tv. We also have a toddler, so I don't want to have the speakers on late at night when we're watching something.)

My HTiB system is the Panasonic BT-100 (bought in 2009-it consists of a Blu-ray player/receiver in one, and 6 speakers-3 front, two wireless rear w/receiver & a sub) and my DVR cable box is a Scientific Atlanta SA8300HMR.

Can someone please let me know if this is possible, and if so, how I do it?

Thanks very much in advance for your help.

-Eric

2. schan1269

schan1269 HTF Expert
    HW Reviewer

Sam
    You should already have the ability if you connected it correctly.Your STB HDMI to the TV.And the STB to the HTiB via toslink.

3. Type A

Type A HW Reviewer
    HW Reviewer

Ty
    Welcome to the forum Eric :)And then after you have figured out exactly how to do it google constructive and destructive sound interference to find out why its not recommended, ever. Use one or the other, never both at the same time.

4. Martino

Martino Supporting Actor

Martin O.
    When going through the HTIB speakers -- mute your TV speakers..

Unmute when the sound system is off to use the TV speakers...

If you get them both going -- you will end up with a strange echo effect that you will quickly find very anoying...

I have my TV speakers set to OFF and always listen through the system -- but once my wife turned the speakers back on without my knowledge - and then I got a phone call telling me the system was all messed up with this strange echo...

After debugging - I found that she had turned on the TV speakers -- after turning them off, sound returened to normal...