What's new

Using both channels for sub out (1 Viewer)

JeffTodd

Stunt Coordinator
I am using an old Aiwa DPL receiver to power my SVS based DIY sub.

Currently I have the sub out from my AVR225 running to the inputs on the back of the Aiwa using a Y splitter. And then from one of the channels I have a wire running to the input termninal on the sub.

My question: Am I able to utilize both left and right outputs from the Aiwa? My initial thought is that this would more than likely be bad somehow....but I can't resist the urge to pump twice the power into the sub.

It probably won't work, but I had to ask..

Thanks.

Lyden

Stunt Coordinator
im not sure its a good idea to bridge the chanels on a reciver i tryed that once an i fried all the fuses but it was an old reciver. i dont think you can use both chanels on one sub unless it can be uses as a passive sub then maybe..

Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne
Jeff,

Lynden is right. You can’t connect to amplifier channels to the same speaker or voice coil without causing some serious damage to the amplifier. You would have to have a DVC sub or two subs.

Regards,
Wayne A. Pflughaupt

JeffTodd

Stunt Coordinator
Excellent.....that's what I figured, but it didn't hurt to ask. Thanks for the help guys. Looks like I need to save for a proper plate amp.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks