Using a 5 in 1 media reader?

Discussion in 'Computers' started by Jay H, Feb 2, 2009.

1. Jay H

Jay H Producer

Jay
    What software is used to access the 5 in 1 media reader on my Acer laptop? I inserted the sD card but see nothing in My Computer so I guess there has to be some software to access it, yet I see nothing too obvious other than "Windows Media Center" which wants to install something that I don't want to unless that is the one that is used. How does one get at the data on the sD card?

Jay

2. Scooter

Scooter Screenwriter

Scooter
    I have the same question. I have a card reader, apparently only for SD Cards, but so far my PC can't see it.

3. Jay H

Jay H Producer

Jay
    That's what i was trying.. I can push the SD card in and out but nothing pops up on the systray or mycomputer in Vista. I would think it would be something like a USB flash drive but nothing! Googling this problem seems to show people putting other memory sticks in and getting them stuck!!!

My "documentation" with the Acer (which is a joke) doesn't mention anything other than in the specifications...

P.S. I fired off an email to Acer's techsupport, see what they say.

Jay

4. Jay H

Jay H Producer

Jay
    OK, this is what Acer says should happen:

I will try again. I don't remember seeing ANYTHING in MyComptuer other than the regular hard drive and DVD drive... unless it's in a subfolder or hidden on a different view..

Jay