USHE Press Release: The Six Million Dollar Man Season One

Discussion in 'TV on DVD and Blu-ray' started by Ronald Epstein, Sep 7, 2011.

1. Ronald Epstein

Ronald Epstein Administrator
    Owner

Ronald Epstein

[​IMG]

Promotion: The Six Million Dollar Man: Season 1

Headline Date: TBA
    Release Date: 11/29/2011 THE SIX MILLION DOLLAR MAN: SEASON 1 Product Source: Television (Series) Theatrical Studio: Theatrical Release: Synopsis: Grievously injured in the crash of an experimental aircraft, Colonel Steve Austin’s shattered body is covertly rebuilt via the miracle of modern science known as bionics. Equipped with atomic-powered limbs that make him “better, stronger, faster” than the average mortal, Austin (Lee Majors) can now run at speeds exceeding 60 miles per hour, overturn cars with ease, and spot an encroaching enemy from over a mile away. Under the watchful eye of OSI director Oscar Goldman (Richard Anderson), Steve repays his debt to the taxpayers by taking on perilous missions of a highly classified nature. Season 1 chronicles Steve Austin’s amazing metamorphosis from “a man barely alive” to cyborg to patriotic superspy. Armed with futuristic abilities, Austin is dispatched to do battle with kidnappers, arms smugglers, evil scientists, political assassins, and a diabolical robot—with time enough to spare to counsel a troubled astronaut (William Shatner) and clear his dead father’s name. Relive the thrill of Steve’s first bionic run in this digitally remastered 6-DVD set featuring 13 uncut episodes; all three made-for-TV movies in their original, unedited versions; and over two hours of never-before-seen bonus materials! DVD Full Frame TV Set(61119416) : Disc 1 (Side A)
    Format: DVD UPC: 0-2519-21102-5-2 Unit Type: TV Set Number of Media: 1 Street Date: 11/29/2011 PreOrder Date: Run Time (HH:MM): 2 Hours 28 Minutes Language: English Disc Type: DVD-9 (Single Sided) Packaging: Snap Case with Slip Sleeve Layers: Single Audio: English Dolby Digital 2.0 Mono
    Subtitles: English SDH
    Edition: - Picture: Full Frame Version: - Color/B&W COLOR Rating: Not Rated CARA Rating: - Bonus Features: DVD Full Frame TV Set(61119416) : Disc 2 (Side A)
    Format: DVD UPC: 0-2519-21102-5-2 Unit Type: TV Set Number of Media: 1 Street Date: 11/29/2011 PreOrder Date: Run Time (HH:MM): 2 Hours 56 Minutes Language: English Disc Type: DVD-9 (Single Sided) Packaging: Snap Case with Slip Sleeve Layers: Single Audio: English Dolby Digital 2.0 Mono
    Edition: - Picture: Full Frame Version: - Color/B&W COLOR Rating: Not Rated CARA Rating: - Bonus Features: DVD Full Frame TV Set(61119416) : Disc 3 (Side A)
    Format: DVD UPC: 0-2519-21102-5-2 Unit Type: TV Set Number of Media: 1 Street Date: 11/29/2011 PreOrder Date: Run Time (HH:MM): 3 Hours 23 Minutes Language: English Disc Type: DVD-9 (Single Sided) Packaging: Snap Case with Slip Sleeve Layers: Single Audio: English Dolby Digital 2.0 Mono
    Edition: - Picture: Full Frame Version: - Color/B&W COLOR Rating: Not Rated CARA Rating: - Bonus Features: DVD Full Frame TV Set(61119416) : Disc 4 (Side A)
    Format: DVD UPC: 0-2519-21102-5-2 Unit Type: TV Set Number of Media: 1 Street Date: 11/29/2011 PreOrder Date: Run Time (HH:MM): 3 Hours 24 Minutes Language: English Disc Type: DVD-9 (Single Sided) Packaging: Snap Case with Slip Sleeve Layers: Single Audio: English Dolby Digital 2.0 Mono
    Edition: - Picture: Full Frame Version: - Color/B&W COLOR Rating: Not Rated CARA Rating: - Bonus Features: DVD Full Frame TV Set(61119416) : Disc 5 (Side A)
    Format: DVD UPC: 0-2519-21102-5-2 Unit Type: TV Set Number of Media: 1 Street Date: 11/29/2011 PreOrder Date: Run Time (HH:MM): 2 Hours 33 Minutes Language: English Disc Type: DVD-9 (Single Sided) Packaging: Snap Case with Slip Sleeve Layers: Single Audio: English Dolby Digital 2.0 Mono
    Edition: - Picture: Full Frame Version: - Color/B&W COLOR Rating: Not Rated CARA Rating: - Bonus Features: DVD Full Frame TV Set(61119416) : Disc 6 (Side A): Bonus Disc
    Format: DVD UPC: 0-2519-21102-5-2 Unit Type: TV Set Number of Media: 1 Street Date: 11/29/2011 PreOrder Date: Run Time (HH:MM): - Language: English Disc Type: DVD-9 (Single Sided) Packaging: Snap Case with Slip Sleeve Layers: Single Audio: Subtitles: Edition: - Picture: Full Frame Version: - Color/B&W COLOR Rating: Not Rated CARA Rating: - Bonus Features:

2. Joseph Burns

Joseph Burns Stunt Coordinator

Count me favorably impressed that Universal is including (at least some) of Time-Life's bonus content. Fans should be quite pleased with Season 1, particularly with the inclusion of the original pilot TV Movies. Matt Hankinson is the man to thank for insuring the quality and accuracy of the packaging here, mostly ported over from the TL release. Ignore the bald redheaded fan in the bonus features. Definitely not me.

3. bretmaverick2

bretmaverick2 Supporting Actor

Tom Hunter
    There was no way I could afford the total series package from Time-Life so I am glad to see the original tv movies included in this set!!

4. Sam Favate

Sam Favate Producer

Sam Favate
    This is a good set. I got the series set last year, but fans who waited should be pleased by the season 1 contents.

5. HenryDuBrow

HenryDuBrow Screenwriter

Henry.
    I was one who waited and didn't get that big expensive TL set, so this release should be good to see. A studio release like this is a rare thing these days, if only Universal would have the same faith in their other classic titles.

6. Jeff Willis

Jeff Willis Producer

When I bought the T/L set, the total price came out to about $31.00 per season. That was a little over my desired price per season but not by much so I was glad to get the complete set for that price with the extras included.

From reading the single-season S1 info it appears that Uni is including the extra/bonis mat'l in their releases which is great for those that waited for the Uni sets.