USHE Press Release: The Breakfast Club 25th Anniversary (Blu-ray)

Discussion in 'Blu-ray and UHD' started by Ronald Epstein, May 19, 2010.

1. Ronald Epstein

Ronald Epstein Administrator
    Owner

Ronald Epstein
    [​IMG]

From Universal Studios Home Entertainment: CELEBRATE THE 25TH ANNIVERSARY OF AN ICONIC COMEDY THAT DEFINED A GENRE FOR THE FIRST TIME EVER ON BLU-RAY(TM) HI-DEF, THE BREAKFAST CLUB 25TH ANNIVERSARY EDITION

FROM UNIVERSAL STUDIOS HOME ENTERTAINMENT

AUGUST 3, 2010

UNIVERSAL CITY, Calif., May 18 /PRNewswire/ --

OVERVIEW: Written and directed by John Hughes (Sixteen Candles, Ferris Bueller's Day Off), The Breakfast Club quickly became the definitive teen film of the 1980's and remains as moving and poignant today as it was 25 years ago. To commemorate the 25th anniversary of this landmark comedy, The Breakfast Club is now available for the first time on Blu-ray™ Hi-Def on August 3, 2010, from Universal Studios Home Entertainment. Starring Emilio Estevez ("Two and a Half Men"), Molly Ringwald ("The Secret Life of the American Teenager"), Anthony Michael Hall ("The Dead Zone"), Judd Nelson (The Boondock Saints II) and Ally Sheedy ("Psych"), The Breakfast Club 25th Anniversary Edition is a hilarious coming-of-age story that set a precedent for generations to come!

Blu-ray(TM) Hi-Def BONUS FEATURES: Unleash the power of your HDTV with perfect picture and purest digital sound.

• BD-LIVE™: Access the BD-Live(TM) Center through your Internet-connected player to get even more content, watch the latest trailers and more!

• SINCERELY YOURS: A 12-part documentary with Judd Nelson, Anthony Michael Hall, Ally Sheedy and other cast members as they reflect on the making of The Breakfast Club. Revisit these unforgettable characters and hear filmmakers such as Amy Heckerling (Clueless) and Diablo Cody (Juno) discuss the cultural resonance of the film.

• THE MOST CONVENIENT DEFINITIONSTHE ORIGINS OF THE BRAT PACK: Cast members, journalists and film historians discuss the "Brat Pack" label and its impact on pop culture and the group's careers.

• FEATURE COMMENTARY: With Judd Nelson and Anthony Michael Hall.

• THEATRICAL TRAILER

• MY SCENES: Bookmark your favorite scenes from the movie.

SYNOPSIS: From writer/director John Hughes (Sixteen Candles, Weird Science), The Breakfast Club is an iconic portrait of 1980s American high school life. When Saturday detention started, they were simply the Jock, the Princess, the Brain, the Criminal and the Basket Case, but by that afternoon they had become closer than any of them could have imagined. Featuring an all-star '80s cast including Emilio Estevez, Anthony Michael Hall, Judd Nelson, Molly Ringwald, and Ally Sheedy, this warm-hearted comedy helped define an entire generation.

BLU-RAY™ HI-DEF TECHNICAL INFORMATION:

Street Date: August 3, 2010

Copyright: 2010 Universal Studios Home Entertainment

Selection Number: 61112006

Running Time: 1 Hour 37 Minutes

Layers: BD-50

Picture Format: Widescreen

Aspect Ratio: 1.85:1

Rating: R

Languages/Subtitles: English SDH, Spanish and French European Subtitles

Sound: English DTS-HD Master Audio 5.1, French DTS 2.0

CAST AND FILMMAKERS

Cast: Emilio Estevez, Judd Nelson, Ally Sheedy, Anthony Michael Hall, Molly Ringwald, Paul Gleason

Directed By: John Hughes

Written By: John Hughes

Executive Producers: Gil Friesen and Andrew Meyer

Produced By: John Hughes and Ned Tanen

Director of Photography: Thomas Del Ruth

Production Designer: John W. Corso

Editor: Dede Allen

Costume Design By: Marilyn Vance

Casting By: Jackie Burch

2. Scott Merryfield

Scott Merryfield Executive Producer
    Supporter

"Starring Emilio Estevez ("Two and a Half Men")"

3. Jason Charlton

Jason Charlton Ambassador

Jason Charlton
    Geez, what is it with these press releases lately... anyone looking for a job who can spell and knows how to do searches on IMDB.com should have NO problem getting work with these studios!

4. Powell&Pressburger

Powell&Pressburger Screenwriter

Jack
    Kind of sick of re-issues of The Breakfast Club that still can't include the extended television sequences or any of the other deleted scenes.

I believe before Hughes passed away, it was noted that he owned the complete cut of the film per his contract. It would have been nice if Universal could work with the Hughes estate on including deleted scenes etc for a Blu release.

maybe in 4 or 5 more years perhaps.

Hopefully Universal doesn't ruin the image quality of the release.

5. Joseph DeMartino

Joseph DeMartino Lead Actor

Joseph DeMartino

6. John Stell

John Stell Supporting Actor

John Stell
    Actually, Emilio was in one episode of the series, back in 2008. Ally Sheedy has been in only 2 episodes of Psych. I guess this just a press agent's attempt to make all these '80s stars seem current.

7. Jeff Robertson

Jeff Robertson Second Unit

Jeff Robertson
    Blahahahah. Too funny. Thanks for that.

8. David Deeb

David Deeb Supporting Actor

David

Great news! Happy to get this on BD, but very sad that we can't get these scenes. Dying to see them. A perfect opportunity for Universal to capture additional sales will be missed.

Instead the first bonus feature they promote is: "BD-Live...to get even more content, watch the latest trailers and more!"

Hey Universal - no one is screaming for more BD-Live. Why not put the "more" on the actual 25th anniversary disc & make it be something about the actual film rather than going online to watch unrelated trailers?

Do you really think this is a selling point?

9. Southpaw

Southpaw Supporting Actor

For whatever reason, they do.

I have my BD player hooked up to my wireless network and have never attempted to do any BD-live stuff. I just don't think I'm missing out on much.

10. Aaron Silverman

Aaron Silverman Executive Producer

Aaron Silverman
    Are those docs and the commentary new material? I don't recall them being on the DVD editions.

11. Doug Otte

Doug Otte Supporting Actor

They weren't on the HD-DVD, but I don't know if they were on the DVD. I assume they're new.

Doug

12. WillG

WillG Producer

The most recent DVD release of TBC had those extras. Editions of Weird Science and Sixteen Candles were released at the same time, also with extras.

13. oscar_merkx

oscar_merkx Lead Actor

This is so mine.

What about Weird Science ?