USHE Press Release: Inglourious Basterds (Blu-ray)

Discussion in 'Blu-ray and UHD' started by Ronald Epstein, Oct 20, 2009.

1. Ronald Epstein

Ronald Epstein Administrator
    Owner

Ronald Epstein
    [​IMG]

UNIVERSAL STUDIOS HOME ENTERTAINMENT UNLEASHES

THE SENSATIONALLY-ENTERTAINING, WILDLY-ACCLAIMED
    ACTION EVENT OF THE YEAR!
    FROM WRITER/DIRECTOR QUENTIN TARANTINO
    STARRING BRAD PITT
    INGLOURIOUS BASTERDS
    “The Most Entertaining Movie Of The Ye ar.”– Larry King
    Two-Disc Blu-ray™ Hi-Def and Two-Disc Special Edition DVD
    Available for a Limited Time Only With Digital Copy
    Just in Time for the Holidays on December 15, 2009
    Universal City, California, October 20, 2009 – Cinematic icon and filmmaker Quentin Tarantino (Kill
    Bill Vols. 1 & 2, Pulp Fiction) helms one of the most audaciously inventive, eagerly-anticipated films of
    the year, Inglourious Basterds, coming to Blu-ray™ Hi-Def and DVD on December 15, 2009 from
    Universal Studios Home Entertainment. Starring Academy Award® nominee Brad Pitt (The Curious Case
    of Benjamin Button, Burn After Reading) in an audacious, adrenaline-packed, high-octane World War II
    revenge fantasy, Inglourious Basterds has been hailed as one of Tarantino’s most stylish and
    entertaining films to date. From its deceptively bucolic opening scenes to its incendiary final moments,
    Inglourious Basterds delivers a heady combination of fact and fantasy that never fails to surprise.
    Written and directed by acclaimed filmmaker Quentin Tarantino, Inglourious Basterds is available on
    Two-Disc Blu-ray™ Hi-Def, Two-Disc DVD Special Edition, Single-Disc DVD and download to
    own. Both the Blu-ray™ and Two-Disc Special Edition DVD come with a Digital Copy of the film
    for a limited time only just in time for the holiday season and over 90 minutes of startling and
    engrossing behind-the-scenes bonus features.
    Brad Pitt shines as the bodacious American commander of a lethal team of Jewish-American soldiers
    known as “The Basterds” - whose exploits in occupied France strike terror in the hearts of the German
    rank and file and enrage the German High Command. The acclaimed cast also includes Christoph
    Waltz, who was named Best Actor at the 2009 Cannes Film Festival for his unforgettable performance
    as a charming but cunning Nazi officer, B.J. Novak (“The Office”), Diane Kruger (National Treasure),
    Eli Roth (director of Hostel), Mélanie Laurent (Paris), and Michael Fassbender (The Bourne Ultimatum).
    In addition, notable veteran guest stars including Mike Myers (Austin Powers), Rod Taylor (The Birds),
    Julie Dreyfus, (Kill Bill Vol. 1) and others contribute to this larger-than-life story that mixes pulp and
    propaganda in Tarantino’s inimitable way.
    Inglourious Basterds is priced at $39.98 SRP for Two-Disc Special Edition Blu-ray™, $34.98 SRP for
    Two-Disc Special Edition DVD and $29.98 SRP for Single Disc DVD. Preorder close is November 3,
    BONUS FEATURES
    All three editions of Inglourious Basterds include:
    Extended & Alternate Scenes
    Nation’s Pride The film within the film Inglourious Basterds can be seen it its entirety
    Domestic and International Trailers
    Both the Two-Disc Special Edition and Blu-ray™ also come with:
    Roundtable Discussion with Quentin Tarantino, Brad Pitt and film historian/critic
    Elvis Mitchell
    The Making of Nation’s Pride
    The Original Inglorious Bastards - a salute to the original 1978 film
    A Conversation with veteran actor Rod Taylor
    Rod Taylor on Victoria Bitters, the Australian beer
    Quentin Tarantino’s Camera Angel
    Hi Sallys – Gag Reel
    Film Poster Gallery Tour with Elvis Mitchell
    Inglourious Basterds Poster Gallery
    Digital Copy of Inglourious Basterds
    In addition to the above features, the Inglourious Basterds Blu-ray™ Hi-Def release includes:
    • BD-Live™— Access the BD-Live™ Center with your Internet-connected player to download
    the latest trailers, host a chat with your buddies, upload your own webcam commentary, and
    more!
    SYNOPSIS
    In the first year of the German occupation of France, Shosanna Dreyfus (Mélanie Laurent) witnesses
    the execution of her family at the hand of Nazi Colonel Hans Landa (Christoph Waltz). Shosanna
    narrowly escapes and flees to Paris where she forges a new identity as the owner and operator of a
    cinema.
    Elsewhere in Europe, Lieutenant Aldo Raine (Brad Pitt) organizes a group of Jewish American soldiers
    to perform swift, shocking acts of retribution. Later known to their enemy as “the Basterds,” Raine's
    squad joins German actress and undercover agent Bridget von Hammersmark (Diane Kruger) on a
    mission to take down the leaders of the Third Reich. Fates converge under a cinema marquis,
    where Shosanna is poised to carry out a revenge plan of her own....
    Employing pulp and propaganda in equal measure, Quentin Tarantino's INGLOURIOUS
    BASTERDS weaves together the infamous, oppressed, real and larger-than-life stories of WWII.
    www.inglouriousbasters-movie.com
    Universal Studios Home Entertainment is a unit of Universal Pictures, a division of Universal Studios
    (www.universalstudios.com). Universal Studios is a part of NBC Universal, one of the world's leading
    media and entertainment companies in the development, production, and marketing of entertainment,
    news, and information to a global audience. Formed in May 2004 through the combining of NBC and
    Vivendi Universal Entertainment, NBC Universal owns and operates a valuable portfolio of news and
    entertainment networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production
    operations, a leading television stations group, and world-renowned theme parks. NBC Universal is
    80%-owned by General Electric, with 20% owned by Vivendi.
    CAST AND FILMMAKERS
    Directed By: Quentin Tarantino
    Screenplay By: Quentin Tarantino
    Produced By: Lawrence Bender
    Director of Photography: Robert Richardson
    Editor: Sally Menke
    Production Designer: David Wasco
    Costumes By: Anna B. Sheppard
    Cast: Brad Pitt, Diane Kruger, Eli Roth, Mélanie Laurent, Christoph Waltz, Michael Fassbender, Mike
    Meyers, Daniel Bruhl, Til Schweiger, Gideon Burkhard, Jacky Ido, B.J. Novak, Omar Doom, August
    Diehl, Rod Taylor
    TECHNICAL INFORMATION
    Two-Disc Blu-rayTM Hi-Def Special Edition
    Street Date: December 15, 2009
    Copyright: 2010 Universal Studios Home Entertainment
    Selection Number: 61108483
    Running Time: 2 hours, 33 minutes
    Layers: BD-50
    Aspect Ratio: 2.40:1
    Rating: R for strong graphic violence, language and brief sexuality
    Technical Info: English HD Master Audio 5.1, Spanish and French DTS Surround 5.1, English SDH,
    French and Spanish Subtitles
    TECHNICAL INFORMATION
    Two-Disc DVD Special Edition
    Selection Number: 6110154
    Layers: DVD-9
    Technical Info: English DTS Dolby Digital 5.1, French and Spanish Dolby Digital 2.0, English SDH,
    TECHNICAL INFORMATION
    Single-Disc DVD
    Selection Number: 61108380
    Layers: DVD-9
    Technical Info: English Dolby Digital 5.1, French and Spanish Dolby Digital 2.0, English SDH,

2. Ronald Epstein

Ronald Epstein Administrator
    Owner

Ronald Epstein
    My favorite film of the year!

Can't wait for this. We will have a preorder link
    up as soon as Amazon posts it.

3. TravisR

TravisR Studio Mogul

The press release saying "Just in Time for the Holidays" is probably the funniest thing I've read all day. That being said, I can't wait to pick this up.

4. Jefferson Morris

Jefferson Morris Supporting Actor

A must-buy for me.

I hope that "round table discussion" isn't a recycled Charlie Rose appearance.

--Jefferson Morris

5. Guest

I just got my Inglourious Basterds BD copy in the mail at work today, excited to listen to it while I worked for the rest of the day, only to find my Digital Copy redemption code not working. Has anyone encountered this error before, and if so, how do I rectify the situation?

Otherwise, I am really excited to put this in tonight and watch all of the special features. I got to see it twice in the theater, but I think I am going to hold off a bit for viewing three.

6. Neil Middlemiss

Neil Middlemiss Producer
    Reviewer

Neil Middlemiss
    Hi Jeff, It isn't - it's actually a conversation with film critic Elvis Mitchell. Here's what I wrote about this extra in my DVD review of this film: Roundtable Discussion with Quentin Tarantino, Brad Pitt and film historian/critic Elvis Mitchell (30:44): Elvis Mitchell, host of KCRW’s “The Treatment” interviews Tarantino and Pitt, and the filmmaker and actor divulge experiences from the set, the approach to accomplishing this bold film, and Tarantino, achieving more brevity than normal, expresses his philosophy from making Basterds, and letting actors own the characters he creates.

7. Adam Gregorich

Owner

Adam

Welcome to HTF Eric. I wonder if there is some firewall or other network filtering at your office that isn't allowing the activation code to go through? Try it at home tonight and see if it works. If it doesn't let me know and we can come up with a solution.

8. Guest

Thanks for the welcome and suggestion. I ended up restarting my computer and re-inserting my disc, don't know which one exactly worked. I am going to be checking this title's special features tonight.

9. WadeM

WadeM Supporting Actor

I paused this blu-ray for a few minutes, and after a couple of minutes some idiotic Universal logo was playing!! What the hell?!?!!??! I tried pressing play, and nothing. I tried pressing pause again...nothing. I tried to press stop, then play and my place in the movie was lost!!!

I was able to press pause and play earlier in the movie with no problem...it just wasn't paused for as long.

Thanks Universal for broadcasting your logo to tell me what crappy authoring you do!!

10. TravisR

TravisR Studio Mogul

It don't know if it's a cure for all players but on mine, I have to hit the pop up menu button to get the movie to start playing again. It's that way with all Universal discs for me.

11. Bryan X

Bryan X Producer

Travis is right. You have to hit the "Menu" button. It first happened to me while watching Battlestar Galactica Season 1. Pretty stupid if you ask me. You would think pressing any button would restart the film (or atleast "play" for goodness sakes). Not very intuitive at all. They should atleast put "press menu to resume" on the screen if they're going to do this nonsense.

12. Adam Gregorich

Owner

Adam

I reported this to them way back on their Doomsday BD. On HD DVD their screen saver would go away by pressing either menu or play. When they copied it over they dropped support for the play button.

13. Jim_K

Jim_K Executive Producer

To exit the Universal screen saver mode it's the Enter button on the remote for those who use the PS3. Brings you back to the paused imaged.

14. Brian Borst

Brian Borst Screenwriter

Pushing the Enter button works on Sony's standalone BD players too.