USHE Press Release: Battlestar Galactica: The Plan (DVD/Blu-ray)

Discussion in 'Blu-ray and UHD' started by Ronald Epstein, Jul 17, 2009.

1. Ronald Epstein

Ronald Epstein Administrator
    Owner

Ronald Epstein
    [SIZE= 14pt]EXPERIENCE THE FIGHT FOR HUMANITY’S SURVIVAL THROUGH THE EYES OF THE CYLONS FOR THE FIRST TIME EVER IN
    [/SIZE][SIZE= 22pt]BATTLESTAR GALACTICA: THE PLAN[/SIZE]
    [SIZE= 12pt] [/SIZE] [SIZE= 16pt]Premieres Exclusively on[/SIZE] [SIZE= 16pt]Blu-ray™ Hi-Def, DVD and Digital Download October 27, 2009[/SIZE][SIZE= 14pt][/SIZE] [SIZE= 12pt] [/SIZE] [SIZE= 12pt] [/SIZE] [SIZE= 12pt]Universal City[/SIZE][SIZE= 12pt], California[/SIZE][SIZE= 12pt], July 17, 2009 – [/SIZE][SIZE= 12pt]Television’s most thrilling science fiction adventure makes a stunning turnabout when [/SIZE][SIZE= 12pt]Battlestar Galactica: The Plan [/SIZE][SIZE= 12pt]debuts on Blu-rayTM Hi-Def and DVD on October 27, 2009 from Universal Studios Home Entertainment. For the first time ever, fans can experience [/SIZE][SIZE= 12pt]the uncut and uncensored story of humanity’s futuristic fight for survival through the eyes of their deadly adversaries, the Cylons. This never-before-seen perspective of the Cylon plan reunites the series’ original television cast, [/SIZE][SIZE= 12pt]including [/SIZE][SIZE= 12pt]Emmy® Award winner Edward James Olmos[/SIZE][SIZE= 12pt](Stand and Deliver), [/SIZE][SIZE= 12pt]Dean Stockwell (JAG), Tricia Helfer (Burn Notice), Grace Park (The Cleaner) and[/SIZE][SIZE= 12pt] [/SIZE][SIZE= 12pt]Callum Keith Rennie (Californication). [/SIZE][SIZE= 12pt]Ronald D. Moore and David Eick return as executive producers.[/SIZE][SIZE= 12pt][/SIZE] [SIZE= 10pt] [/SIZE] [SIZE= 12pt]Battlestar Galactica: The Plan[/SIZE][SIZE= 12pt]’s executive producer and writer Jane Espenson added, “ [/SIZE][SIZE= 12pt]Edward James Olmos was our director on the movie, and he did an amazing job. He also shot some great footage that we are not able to show on TV, so I’m thrilled that viewers can experience it uncut as our director envisioned it.”[/SIZE] [SIZE= 12pt] [/SIZE] [SIZE= 12pt]Battlestar Galactica: The Plan [/SIZE][SIZE= 12pt]includes the uncensored 90-minute feature and revealing bonus features [/SIZE][SIZE= 12pt]that take viewers onto the set of the most unexpected twist ever in the intergalactic saga’s history. Interactive features available exclusively on [/SIZE][SIZE= 12pt]Blu-rayTM Hi-Def [/SIZE][SIZE= 12pt]include the new Battlestar Galactica Trivia Game, as well as [/SIZE][SIZE= 12pt]Universal’s acclaimed U-CONTROLTM and [/SIZE][SIZE= 12pt]BD-Live[/SIZE][SIZE= 12pt]TM[/SIZE][SIZE= 12pt] experience. With [/SIZE][SIZE= 12pt]Blu-rayTM Hi-Def[/SIZE][SIZE= 12pt], viewers can enjoy[/SIZE][SIZE= 12pt]Battlestar Galactica: The Plan’s [/SIZE][SIZE= 12pt]stunning visuals [/SIZE][SIZE= 12pt]with perfect picture and the purest digital sound available.[/SIZE] [SIZE= 12pt] [/SIZE] [SIZE= 12pt]During four spellbinding seasons on the SCI FI Channel (now Syfy), [/SIZE][SIZE= 12pt]Battlestar Galactica’s [/SIZE][SIZE= 12pt]vivid reimagining of the classic television series earned a legion of devoted fans, as well as unfettered critical acclaim, and [/SIZE][SIZE= 12pt]Emmy® Awards for [/SIZE][SIZE= 12pt]Outstanding Special Visual Effects in 2007 and 2008 and a Peabody Award in 2008. Battlestar Galactica: The Plan is priced at $39.98 SRP on Blu-rayTM Hi-Def and $26.98 SRP on DVD. [/SIZE][SIZE= 12pt]Preorder close is Sept. 8, 2009.[/SIZE] [SIZE= 12pt] [/SIZE] [SIZE= 12pt]BATTLESTAR GALACTICA: THE PLAN - BONUS FEATURES[/SIZE] [SIZE= 12pt]Battlestar Galactica: The Plan [/SIZE]on Blu-rayTM Hi-Def and DVD takes viewers deeper into the acclaimed space drama with exclusive bonus features, including: [SIZE= 12pt]EXCLUSIVE TO BLU-RAY[/SIZE]TM HI-DEF:
    • [SIZE= 12pt]BD-LIVE[/SIZE]TM: Access the BD-LiveTM Center through your Internet-connected player to download more exclusive content, the latest trailers and more![SIZE= 12pt]MY SCENES: [/SIZE]Bookmark your favorite scenes from the movie.
    • [SIZE= 12pt]BATTLESTAR GALACTICA[/SIZE] TRIVIA: All-new trivia game.
    [SIZE= 12pt]BONUS FEATURES ([/SIZE]BLU-RAY™ HI-DEF and DVD): [SIZE= 8pt] [/SIZE] [SIZE= 12pt]· [/SIZE]DELETED SCENES [SIZE= 12pt]· [/SIZE]FROM ADMIRAL TO DIRECTOR: EDWARD JAMES OLMOS AND THE PLAN – A day-in-the-life with director and actor Edward James Olmos, as he tackles the most ambitious Battlestar Galactica production to date. [SIZE= 12pt]· [/SIZE]THE CYLONS OF THE PLAN – Features interviews with the actors who play the film’s key Cylons, including Dean Stockwell, Tricia Helfer, Grace Park, Michael Trucco, Rick Worthy and Michael Bennett. [SIZE= 12pt]· [/SIZE]THE CYLON ATTACK This featurette takes viewers behind the scenes for the planning and execution of one of Battlestar Galactica: The Plan’s major action sequences. [SIZE= 12pt]· [/SIZE]BEHIND THE PLAN - An in-depth look at some stunning visual effects and the role post-production plays in bringing the world ofBattlestar Galactica to life. [SIZE= 12pt]· [/SIZE]FILMMAKER COMMENTARY [SIZE= 12pt] [/SIZE] [SIZE= 12pt]SYNOPSIS[/SIZE] [SIZE= 12pt]Battlestar Galatica: The Plan[/SIZE][SIZE= 12pt].. The Cylons began as humanity's robot servants. They rebelled and evolved and now they look like us. Their plan is simple: destroy the race that enslaved them. But when their devastating attack leaves human survivors, the Cylons have to improvise. Battlestar Galatica: The Plan tells the story of two powerful Cylon leaders, working separately, and their determination to finish the task.[/SIZE] [SIZE= 12pt] [/SIZE] [SIZE= 12pt]An inspired, visually stunning reimagining of the 1978 series of the same name, Battlestar Galactica captured the imaginations of a new generation of fans with its gritty realism, compelling storylines and commanding performances. The show garnered numerous awards, including two Emmys® and the prestigious George Foster Peabody Award and was recognized by the American Film Institute (AFI) as one of the most outstanding television programs of the year for two years running. In March 2009, Battlestar Galactica’s impassioned explorations of today’s hot-button issues, including politics, terrorism, treatment of prisoners and religion, even inspired the United Nations to host a special panel to discuss the questions it has raised. The series is from Universal Cable Productions and is executive produced by Ronald D. Moore and David Eick.[/SIZE] [SIZE= 10.5pt] [/SIZE] [SIZE= 12pt]BATTLESTAR GALACTICA: THE PLAN[/SIZE] [SIZE= 12pt]TECHNICAL INFORMATION[/SIZE][SIZE= 12pt]Blu-rayTM [/SIZE]Hi-Def [SIZE= 12pt]Street Date:[/SIZE] October 27, 2009 [SIZE= 12pt]Copyright:[/SIZE] 2009 Universal Studios Home Entertainment [SIZE= 12pt]Selection Number:[/SIZE] 61110464 [SIZE= 12pt]Price:[/SIZE] $39.98 [SIZE= 12pt]Running Time:[/SIZE] 90 Minutes [SIZE= 12pt]Rating:[/SIZE] Not Rated [SIZE= 12pt] [/SIZE] [SIZE= 12pt]BATTLESTAR GALACTICA: THE PLAN[/SIZE] [SIZE= 12pt]TECHNICAL INFORMATION[/SIZE] [SIZE= 12pt]DVD[/SIZE] [SIZE= 12pt]Street Date:[/SIZE] October 27, 2009 [SIZE= 12pt]Copyright:[/SIZE] 2009 Universal Studios Home Entertainment [SIZE= 12pt]Selection Number:[/SIZE] 61107967 [SIZE= 12pt]Price[/SIZE]: $26.98 [SIZE= 12pt]Running Time:[/SIZE] 90 Minutes [SIZE= 12pt]Rating:[/SIZE] Not Rated

2. Josh Dial

Josh Dial Cinematographer

Josh Dial
    This will be mine as soon as the stores open (not chancing ordering online, even if there is a slim chance it comes early), coupled with a "sick day."

3. Ronald Epstein

Ronald Epstein Administrator
    Owner

Ronald Epstein
    [​IMG]

4. Eric F

Eric F Screenwriter

$40MSRP for 90mins. Ow. I wish they'd stop pricing these discs so high.

5. SVTStingRay

SVTStingRay Stunt Coordinator

the fact like caprica, they want to get as much out of the fans before showing it on tv for free

6. Cameron Yee

Cameron Yee Executive Producer
    Reviewer

Cameron Yee
    Does anyone know if it will be spoilers for anyone who is halfway through the series? Thinking of having people over to watch but some have not seen all the eps.

7. ATimson

ATimson Second Unit

Based on the presence of one cast member, it probably spoils through at least three-quarters of the way through season four.

8. Craig S

Craig S Producer
    Supporter

Craig Seanor
    Hmm, not sure how to put this. I kind of figured it out on my own and it spoiled me a bit as I was watching the series for the first time last month. So if you're watching the series for the first time and haven't finished the 3rd season, do NOT click on the spoiler below.

The cover of this disc is a spoiler in itself.

9. ATimson

ATimson Second Unit

Or at least you think you have.

The returning cast of the movie is not all Cylons.

10. justinslot

justinslot Agent

Yeah, I wouldn't show this to people who haven't seen the whole show. As far as I can tell it's a retroactive continuity thing intended to patch up various plot holes created during the latter seasons (when they finally decided on what the Cylons' motivations actually were) so you're going to need to have most of the show under your belt to understand what's going on.

11. Jason_V

Jason_V Producer

Jason
    *Sigh* Yeah, Universal, you basically have me over a barrel when it comes to BSG. I didn't bite on the big series set (yet), but chances are The Plan will be mine in 2 weeks.

12. Craig S

Craig S Producer
    Supporter

Craig Seanor
    Ummm...

No they are not, but I was referring to the 6 faces on the cover being Cylons, which they are, unless I totally misunderstood the complete series!!

13. ATimson

ATimson Second Unit