USHE Press Release: A Serious Man (DVD)

Discussion in 'DVD' started by Ronald Epstein, Dec 31, 2009.

1. Ronald Epstein

Ronald Epstein Administrator
    Owner

Ronald Epstein
    [​IMG][​IMG]

A SERIOUS MAN

Product Source:[/u] Theatrical
    Theatrical Studio: Focus

Theatrical Release: 10/2/2009
    Synopsis: Academy Award®-winning directors Joel and Ethan Coen return to their comedy roots with this original and darkly humorous story about one ordinary man’s quest to become a serious man. Physics professor Larry Gopnik (Michael Stuhlbarg) can’t believe his life: His wife is leaving him for his best friend, his unemployed brother won’t move off the couch, someone is threatening his career, his kids are a mystery and his neighbor is tormenting him by sunbathing nude. Struggling to make sense of it all, Larry consults three different rabbis and their answers lead him on a twisted journey of faith, family, delinquent behavior and mortality in the film critics rave is “seriously awesome!” (Michael Hogan, Vanity Fair)

Blu-ray Widescreen (62106375) : Disc 1 (Side A) Format: Blu-ray UPC: 0-2519-50543-9-3 Unit Type: Standard Number of Media: 1 Street Date: 2/9/2010 PreOrder Date: Run Time (HH:MM): 1 Hour 46 Minutes Language: English Disc Type: BD-50 (Single Sided) Packaging: Snap Case Layers: Single Audio: English DTS-HD Master Audio 5.1
    French DTS 5.1 Surround
    Spanish DTS 5.1 Surround
    Subtitles: English SDH
    French
    Spanish
    Edition: - Picture: Widescreen Version: - Color/B&W COLOR Rating: R CARA Rating: - Bonus Features:

DVD Widescreen (62106191) : Disc 1 (Side A) Format: DVD UPC: 0-2519-50527-4-0 Unit Type: Standard Number of Media: 1 Street Date: 2/9/2010 PreOrder Date: Run Time (HH:MM): 1 Hour 46 Minutes Language: English Disc Type: DVD-9 (Single Sided) Packaging: Snap Case Layers: Single Audio: English Dolby Digital 5.1 Surround
    French Dolby Digital 5.1 Surround
    Spanish Dolby Digital 5.1 Surround
    Subtitles: English SDH
    French
    Spanish
    Edition: - Picture: Anamorphic Widescreen Version: - Color/B&W COLOR Rating: R CARA Rating: - Bonus Features: • Becoming Serious
    • Creating 1967
    • Hebrew and Yiddish for Goys
    [​IMG]

2. Eric Peterson

Eric Peterson Cinematographer

One of my top favorites of the year and my favorite Coen film since "O Brother". It's a shame that this film didn't get a wider distribution.

I'll be picking this up for sure.

3. TonyD

TonyD Who do we think I am?
    Supporter

Tony D.
    This film was on 3 screens during 3 different weeks in the Philly area, ridiculous. So I didn't get to see it. One of the screens was the Colonial Theater in Phoenixville Pa for 3 DAYS. I don't undrerstand this at all.