USHE Announcement: Darkman (Blu-ray)

Discussion in 'Blu-ray and UHD' started by Ronald Epstein, Mar 18, 2010.

1. Ronald Epstein

Ronald Epstein Administrator
    Owner

Ronald Epstein
    [​IMG]

Promotion: Darkman Blu-ray Release
    Headline Date: TBA
    Release Date: 6/15/2010 DARKMAN Product Source: Theatrical
    Theatrical Studio: Universal
    Theatrical Release: 8/17/1990Synopsis: Liam Neeson and Frances McDormand star in this explosive, action-packed thriller from director Sam Raimi (Spider-Man). Dr. Peyton Westlake (Neeson) is on the verge of realizing a major breakthrough in synthetic skin when his laboratory is destroyed by gangsters. Having been burned beyond recognition and forever altered by an experimental medical procedure, Westlake becomes known as Darkman, assuming alternate identities in his quest for revenge and a new life with a former love (McDormand). Blu-ray Widescreen (61112448) : Disc 1 (Side A)
    Format: Blu-ray UPC: 0-2519-20499-8-9 Unit Type: Standard Number of Media: 1 Street Date: 6/15/2010 PreOrder Date: Run Time (HH:MM): 1 Hour 36 Minutes Language: English Disc Type: BD-25 (Single Sided) Packaging: Snap Case Layers: Single Audio:English DTS-HD Master Audio 5.1
    Subtitles: English SDH
    Edition: - Picture: Widescreen Version: - Color/B&WCOLOR Rating: R CARA Rating: - Bonus Features: • My Scenes

2. Stephen_J_H

Stephen_J_H All Things Film Junkie
    Supporter

Stephen J. Hill
    This is as barebones as the HD DVD (which was one of my 5 free) and will likely be a port of that transfer with a bump up to DTS-HD MA. I'll pass until my HD-A30 craps out.

3. Michael Reuben

Michael Reuben Studio Mogul

If this is indeed a BD-25 as listed, then it's even worse. The HD DVD was a 30G disc. Following the usual Uni practice with these ports, to make room for the lossless track and fit the whole thing on less digital real estate, image detail will have to be sacrificed.

But I'm sure the lossless fanatics will be happy.