USHE Announcement: An American Tail (Blu-ray)

Discussion in 'Blu-ray and UHD' started by Ronald Epstein, Dec 19, 2013.

Tags:
  1. Ronald Epstein

Ronald Epstein Administrator
    Owner

Ronald Epstein
    Headline Date: TBA Release Date: 3/4/2014 AN AMERICAN TAIL Product Source: Theatrical Theatrical Studio: Universal Theatrical Release: 11/21/1986 Synopsis: From Steven Spielberg's Amblin Entertainment comes the story of a courageous little mouse named Fievel, one of the most endearing animated characters ever created. Journeying by ship from Russia to turn-of-the-century America, Fievel is lost at sea during a ferocious storm. Washing ashore in New York Harbor, Fievel braves the perils and wonders of a strange new world in a thrilling quest to find his family. Filled with humor, adventure and action, this heartwarming tale is fun for the entire family! Blu-ray Widescreen (61130855) : Disc 1 (Side A) Format: Blu-ray UPC: 0-2519-22241-6-4 Unit Type: Standard Number of Media: 1 Street Date: 3/4/2014 PreOrder Date: Run Time (HH:MM): 1 Hour 21 Minutes Language: English Disc Type: BD-50 (Single Sided) Packaging: Snap Case Layers: Single Audio: English DTS-HD Master Audio 5.1 French European DTS Digital Surround 5.1 Spanish DTS Digital Surround 5.1 Subtitles: English SDH French Spanish Edition: - Picture: Widescreen Version: Blu-ray + DIGITAL HD with UltraViolet Color/B&W COLOR Rating: G CARA Rating: - Bonus Features: • Digital Copy of An American Tail (Subject to expiration. Go to NBCUCodes.com for details.) • Includes UltraViolet (Subject to expiration. Go to NBCUCodes.com for details.) • Somewhere Out There Sing-Along • Theatrical Trailer DVD Full Frame (61024498) : Disc 1 (Side A) Format: DVD UPC: 0-2519-24498-2-6 Unit Type: Standard Number of Media: - Street Date: 9/25/2011 PreOrder Date: Run Time (HH:MM): 1 Hour 21 Minutes Language: English Disc Type: DVD-9 (Single Sided) Packaging: Snap Case Layers: Single Audio: English Dolby Digital 5.1 Surround English DTS Digital Surround 5.1 French Dolby Digital 2.0 Stereo Spanish Dolby Digital 5.1 Surround Subtitles: English SDH French Spanish Edition: - Picture: Full Frame Version: - Color/B&W COLOR Rating: G CARA Rating: - Bonus Features: • How Do I Find Things? • Fievel and Tiger's Duo Dance Game • Counting with Digit Game • Rewease the Secwet Weapon Game • "Somewhere Out There" Sing-Along Song • Theatrical Trailer

2. Ronald Epstein

Ronald Epstein Administrator
    Owner

Ronald Epstein
    Now Available for Preroder
    Thank you for supporting HTF when you preorder using the link below. If you are using an adblocker you will not see link.

3. cafink

cafink Producer

Carl Fink
    I don't believe there was ever a widescreen release of this on DVD in the U.S., so I'm really eager to revisit it!

4. moviebuff75

moviebuff75 Supporting Actor

Eric Scott Richard
    The 5.1 dvd audio track was re-dubbed in several spots (including the over-dubbing of the "orphans.") I hope this is a new mix because if it isn't the original I will not buy this unfortunately.

5. Mark-P

Mark-P Producer

Mark Probst
    Glad to have more Don Bluth animation on Blu-ray. It looks like they are mastering the Blu-ray in widescreen but the accompanying DVD will be a re-pressing of the full frame DVD which I believe to be open-matte.

6. Dick

Dick Producer
    Supporter

Rick
    I'm a little surprised they didn't do a double with AMERICAN TAIL 2: FIEVEL GOES WEST, as both movies are very short and I don't think they'll be including much for bonus materials. In fact, they could even add LAND BEFORE TIME as a third feature on a single Blu-ray disc. Oh, well, they could have put both BABE movies on one disc also, but chose to split them up.

7. ahollis

ahollis Lead Actor

Allen
    I will interested in seeing the reviews for this. It's a Universal Blu so I an cautious, but I really want this film. Hope Universal does this right. They have a lot of titles announced and I have high hopes for many if them.

8. Bryan Tuck

Bryan Tuck Screenwriter

Bryan Tuck
    Has anyone gotten this yet? I've been reading on other forums that the audio is still the altered 5.1 mix from the DVD that so many complained about.

9. Mark-P

Mark-P Producer

Mark Probst
    I've got it. Altered how? The Blu-ray has DTS-HD Master Audio 5.1. Are you saying the new mix has different sound effects / instrumentation or is the complaint just that it's a 5.1 remix and not the original Dolby surround 2.0? Because there are loads of Dolby movies that have been remixed into 5.1 and most people do not consider that to be a bad thing.

10. Bryan Tuck

Bryan Tuck Screenwriter

Bryan Tuck
    There is additional dialogue in several places, but it is most noticeable when Fievel meets the other orphans. Two of them have completely different voices:

This is just speculation, but a poster on another board has suggested that when the new 5.1 remix was being prepared, the dialogue stem used may have included some lines that were originally dialed out or redubbed for the final mix, but have now mistakenly been restored. (Off-topic, but it's probably what happened on The Dark Crystal, as well.)

11. Rick Thompson

Rick Thompson Screenwriter

One reason for hope it will turn out well: Executive Producer of film is Spielberg.

12. Mark-P

Mark-P Producer

Mark Probst
    Honestly, listening to that youtube video, I can tell any differences in the voices, other than the first example is muffled and the second example is crystal clear.

13. moviebuff75

moviebuff75 Supporting Actor

Eric Scott Richard
    Wow, it went from "You're one of us now" to "You're nothin'. You're trash!" Man, I wish stuff like this didn't happen. I want to experience the film I saw in 1986.

14. Bryan Tuck

Bryan Tuck Screenwriter

Bryan Tuck
    The one in the glasses is the same, but the other two are very obviously actual children's voices in the first clip, while in the second they are adult voices.

Things like this are frustrating, because they seem like such small issues to complain about, but it really is the principle of the thing. The filmmakers made a conscious decision to remove/replace these lines back when they were finishing the movie, and now they've been added back in, most likely due to simple carelessness.