USHE Announcement: All Quiet On The Western Front (Blu-ray)

Discussion in 'Blu-ray and UHD' started by Ronald Epstein, Nov 28, 2011.

1. Ronald Epstein

Ronald Epstein Administrator
    Owner

Ronald Epstein

[​IMG]

Promotion: Universal 100th Anniversary: All Quiet on the Western Front

Headline Date: TBA
    Release Date: 2/14/2012 ALL QUIET ON THE WESTERN FRONT Product Source: Theatrical
    Theatrical Studio: Universal
    Theatrical Release: 8/24/1930 Synopsis: Relive the drama, conflict and power of one of the most influential anti-war films ever made, All Quiet on the Western Front, featuring a new restoration from the original film negatives to showcase stunning picture and sound in celebration of Universal‘s 100th Anniversary. The studio’s first Best Picture Academy Award® winner follows a group of idealistic young men as they join the German Army during World War I and are assigned to the Western Front, where their patriotism is destroyed by the harsh realities of combat. The hard-hitting, timeless masterpiece returns with stunning visual enhancement to its deserving place in film history. BD Combo Pack Full Frame (61121170) : Disc 1 (Side A)
    Format: BD Combo Pack UPC: 0-2519-21290-4-9 Unit Type: Standard Number of Media: 1 Street Date: 2/14/2012 PreOrder Date: Run Time (HH:MM): 2 Hours 13 Minutes Language: English Disc Type: BD-50 (Single Sided) Packaging: Digibook Layers: Single Audio: English DTS-HD Master Audio 2.0 Mono
    Subtitles: English SDH
    French
    Spanish
    Edition: - Picture: Full Frame Version: Blu-ray + DVD + Digital Copy Color/B&W BLACK & WHITE Rating: Not Rated CARA Rating: - Bonus Features: • Digital Copy of All Quiet on the Western Front (expires 12/31/2012)
    • Introduction by Turner Classic Movies Host and Film Historian Robert Osborne
    • All Quiet on the Western Front (Silent Version)
    • 100 Years of Universal: Restoring the Classics
    • 100 Years of Universal: Academy Award® Winners
    • My Scenes
    • pocket BLU App
    BD Combo Pack Full Frame (61121170) : Disc 2 (Side A)
    Format: BD Combo Pack UPC: 0-2519-21290-4-9 Unit Type: Standard Number of Media: 1 Street Date: 2/14/2012 PreOrder Date: Run Time (HH:MM): 2 Hours 13 Minutes Language: English Disc Type: DVD-9 (Single Sided) Packaging: Digibook Layers: Single Audio: English Dolby Digital 2.0 Mono
    French
    Spanish
    Edition: - Picture: Full Frame Version: Blu-ray + DVD + Digital Copy Color/B&W BLACK & WHITE Rating: Not Rated CARA Rating: - Bonus Features: • Introduction by Turner Classic Movies Host and Film Historian Robert Osborne
    BD Combo Pack Full Frame (61121283) : Disc 1 (Side A)
    Format: BD Combo Pack UPC: 0-2519-21302-9-8 Unit Type: Standard Number of Media: 1 Street Date: 2/14/2012 PreOrder Date: Run Time (HH:MM): 2 Hours 13 Minutes Language: English Disc Type: BD-50 (Single Sided) Packaging: Digibook Layers: Single Audio: English DTS-HD Master Audio 2.0 Mono
    French
    Spanish
    Edition: - Picture: Full Frame Version: Blu-ray + DVD + Digital Copy Color/B&W BLACK & WHITE Rating: CARA Rating: - Bonus Features: • Digital Copy of All Quiet on the Western Front (expires 12/31/2012)
    • Introduction by Turner Classic Movies Host and Film Historian Robert Osborne
    • All Quiet on the Western Front (Silent Version)
    • My Scenes
    • pocket BLU App
    BD Combo Pack Full Frame (61121283) : Disc 2 (Side A)
    Format: BD Combo Pack UPC: 0-2519-21302-9-8 Unit Type: Standard Number of Media: 1 Street Date: 2/14/2012 PreOrder Date: Run Time (HH:MM): 2 Hours 13 Minutes Language: English Disc Type: DVD-9 (Single Sided) Packaging: Digibook Layers: Single Audio: English Dolby Digital 2.0 Mono
    French
    Spanish
    Edition: - Picture: Full Frame Version: Blu-ray + DVD + Digital Copy Color/B&W BLACK & WHITE Rating: CARA Rating: - Bonus Features: • Introduction by Turner Classic Movies Host and Film Historian Robert Osborne
    DVD Full Frame (61032368) : Disc 1 (Side A)
    Format: DVD UPC: 0-2519-32368-2-1 Unit Type: Standard Number of Media: - Street Date: 2/6/2007 PreOrder Date: 1/9/2007 Run Time (HH:MM): 2 Hours 12 Minutes Language: English Disc Type: DVD-9 (Single Sided) Packaging: Snap Case Layers: Single Audio: English Dolby Digital 2.0 Mono
    French
    Edition: - Picture: Full Frame Version: - Color/B&W BLACK & WHITE Rating: Not Rated CARA Rating: [deleted]N/A Bonus Features: • Exclusive Introduction by Turner Classic Movies Host and Film Historian Robert Osborne
    • Theatrical Trailer

2. Patrick McCart

Patrick McCart Lead Actor

Patrick McCart
    This is one of the most important and greatest American films. The "Cinema Classics" remaster looks and sounds great, so a 1080p upgrade is welcomed. Hopefully the silent version is also 1080p.

3. Brandon Conway

Brandon Conway captveg

Brandon Conway
    This is one early sound film that is still as fresh and poignant as the day it came out. Can't wait to pick this up!

4. DSmith1984

DSmith1984 Stunt Coordinator

Doug
    Forgive me if I've missed something blatantly obvious, but what is the difference between the two Blu-Ray editions?

5. JoHud

JoHud Producer

Joe Hudak
    Yes, they're including the silent version! I'm definitely upgrading.
    Only the digibook includes the silent version.

6. ahollis

ahollis Lead Actor

Allen

I must be cross-eyed, because both Blu-ray Combo sets say Digibook and one disc is Blu-ray and the other is DVD. There are different numbers with one ending in 70 and the other ending in 83, but all extras and information is the same. So I agree with Doug, and ask what's the difference in the two sets?

7. DSmith1984

DSmith1984 Stunt Coordinator

Doug
    There also seems to be a similar problem with To Kill A Mockingbird. Several versions announced with no discernible difference between them other than pricing and apparently one of them comes in a digibook but features the exact same content. Is it possible that Universal is offering it in the same vein that Disney does with their films? i.e. Offering the same content in different forms of packaging.

8. JoHud

JoHud Producer

Joe Hudak
    My mistake, they do appear to be the same. Just the extra cost of the digibook "book" content.

9. Martin Teller

Martin Teller Cinematographer

Good lord, I hope that isn't the cover.

10. dana martin

dana martin Cinematographer

Dana Martin
    [​IMG]

Just Slap a BD logo and Oscar logo on the bottom, would make a great cover for a digibook!!!!

11. Ronald Epstein

Ronald Epstein Administrator
    Owner

Ronald Epstein
    Artwork updated in press release

12. Lord Dalek

Lord Dalek Cinematographer

Joel Henderson

Its still ugly.

13. Matt Hough

Matt Hough Executive Producer
    Reviewer

Matt Hough
    I like it. Maybe a little pretty for the grim subject matter, but it's eye-catching, and they are in the business of selling a film that's eighty years old.

14. dana martin

dana martin Cinematographer

Dana Martin

And so is Paramount with Wings, but original poster art seems to work for that, there is just something very somber and haunting about the original, the font is reminiscent of the time, and personally I think visually conveys the film

15. jaaguir

jaaguir Stunt Coordinator

Both editions have "digibook" as Packaging in the first post here. Also Amazon is only listing one edition for pre-order. ??? Oh well. Great movie. Kudos to Universal for starting to release this kind of stuff. At last. Bring on more oldies.