What's new

Used 2 channel receiver for music (1 Viewer)

ChadLB

Screenwriter
What would be a good used 2 channel receiver to play music.
I would basically like to try to play dvd's, mp3s, and listen to the radio.
This would be for the upstairs and would be hooked up to most likely to a rocket/onix bookshelf speaker.

I recall someone a while ago mentioned nad.

Marty M

Senior HTF Member
Denon still makes a couple of 2-channel receives, as does Yamaha. If you are interested in FM I recommend you look at Yamaha. I have had very good reception with FM on the 2 Yamaha receivers I have owned. Both have been HT Receivers, but I assume the FM tuner would be the same on a 2-channel receiver.

Sam A

Stunt Coordinator
chad, yamaha natural sound silver faced receivers are great

check your local pawn shop. can be had from 50 to 75 dollars USD

Sam A

Stunt Coordinator
not off the top of my head. but I have a mid 80s one at home [dont know #] that is solid. mine isnt the wood box ones but they are good too. but if you are looking at pawn shops, read the backs to find wattage and whatnot specs. you take what they got pretty much, if you dont like what they got, go to the next pawn shop.

ChadLB

Screenwriter
Truthfully we don't have too many if any pawn shops around my area.
I will have to look into it though.
Will also have to check to see what my dad has laying around. About 10 years ago I took one to college with me but I don't recall what it was but it was older.
Maybe I will just grab that up for now.

Wayne Ernst

Senior HTF Member
Chad,

You might also want to check eBay for older, used Marantz receivers. Back in the day (70s) they were some of the best sounding and performing receivers. In fact, they still hold that title today.

BillHewitt

Auditioning
Denon makes some pretty decent 2-channel receivers. You can get some of them cheap refurbed at eCost, too. If you do get the refurb, you can get an extended warranty as well.

Marantz stuff from the 70s is quite good, and also has better headphone amplification than any other receiver you're going to get for the price.

KyleGS

Second Unit
Those mid 80's Yammies are tough to beat and bullet proof.
Marantz are great units.
Also the H/K units are not bad for the refurb price with full 2 yr warranty. harmanonline.com

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks