What's new

Use of the Behringer Ultr-Graph Pro Equalizer (1 Viewer)

Thomas J. Coyle III

Stunt Coordinator
I have read with great interest the debate concerning analog and digital equalization. The use of the Behringer Ultra Curve Pro seems to have pros and cons considering its sampling rate and 24 bit encoder/decoder. Has anyone on this forum considered using the RTA portion of the Ultra Curve and one of Behringer's Ultra-Graph Pro GEQ3102 equalizers? I believe that this is an analog equalizer which would take care of any A to D distortion (quantization errors). The equalizer covers 20 to 20KHz in 1/3 octave bands. This should be enough for most room equalizations. Is there a reason that I have not seen mention of this Behringer equalizer on this forum or any of the others? I know that Behringer build quality could be better. Is this a problem with the Ultra-Graph Pro? Comments please.
Regards,
TC III

Stephen Dodds

Second Unit
I would think that you would be then be trading off any quantization errors for the errors analog EQ gives.
Also, if you didn't want to use the RTA section of the Ultracurve, you'd bb better off using a computer based RTA such as TrueRTA which would give you readings down to 1/24 octave should you need it.
The dbx Driverack PA has many of the same functions as the Ultracurve, as well as acting as a digital crossover. I am seriously pondering getting one for a little DIY project I have in mind.
Try Link Removed
Price is under $500.
Steve

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation921
Recent bookmarks