What's new

Use of so many British & Australian actors/actresses? (1 Viewer)

Mary_P

Second Unit

Very true. Richards' accent is decidedly southern, as his family settled in the London area after leaving India when he was young. That is the way he pronounces such words in his normal speaking voice.

And yes, a lot of the most successful British music has come from the northern cities, where the accents are very different. I seem to recall some pop group that made an impression some years back who were influenced by American music coming into the seaport of, oh, was it Liverpool? ;)

Marianne

Supporting Actor
Rufus Sewell, who plays Dr. Jacob Hood in the upcoming series Eleventh Hour on CBS, is a Brit. Don't know how good his accent is yet (or if he is playing it as a British or American character).

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
I think he's playing an Englishman - at least that's the way it sounds from the promos. If that's the case, I kind of wonder why Bruckheimer didn't just spring for Patrick Stewart, who originated the part in the UK (other than Stewart probably not wanting to subject himself to the workload of a lead in an American TV drama, or the producers wanting someone younger).

Marianne

Supporting Actor
Parminder Nagra (plays Neela Rasgotra on ER) is an English actress of Indian descent who played Jess in "Bend It Like Beckham" along with Keira Knightley.

Walter C

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Walter
I wonder, when House says a phrase in another language, does he say it with an American or English accent? Because I would think that's hard to pull off with your unnatural accent.

After recently learning the song "Kids in America" was sung by a British (and I thought she was American all that time), I guess this recent influx should have come as no surprise (at least to me, anyway).
htf_images_smilies_smile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation822
Recent bookmarks