What's new

Use my Lexicon DC-1 as a Stereo Preamp? (1 Viewer)

-=GS=-

Auditioning
Real Name
Greg
I know what you are thinking, sounds like a little bit of a waste huh? Well after seeing what the going rate on DC-1's are these days (next to nothing) I have decided to keep it and use it in my office as a stereo pre-amp. I'll have my computer as well as a tuner run into it for now. I know there are most likely better alternatives for this but it seems to me that I would be paying for something I already have if I bought a dedicated 2ch stereo preamp. Am I correct to think this? I don't watch movies on my computer just listen to music and would like a nice 2.1 setup.

MikeNg

Second Unit
Well, it seems to me that it's not a waste if you already own the thing - you're just redeploying it in another location.

Yes, it's being underutilized but hey, it's yours! You are right. For what you can get for it, you'll just end up getting another preamp that *might* be as clean as the Lexi, or not.

Now, if you decided to sell your pre/pro AND amp, and got a tight little integrated number (tubes even!), then you may be on to something.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cennetkaralowa
Recent bookmarks