What's new

US release DVD VS Canadian release DVD (1 Viewer)

AlexF

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Alex
The Dune EE does have the metal box. I've seen it at 2 Future Shops (all in the West End of Toronto -- Keele/St Clair and Weston Road). Not been downtown in the last week or so, but I'd be surprised if HMV doesn't have it as yet.

CraigF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Craig
Thanks. I'm in the eastern TO burbs. Because of so many problems mentioned with the discs I thought it might be better to buy locally...it's apparently in stock at the Ajax FS so I might pop out that way.

CraigF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Craig
Re the Dune EE: I'd really appreciate hearing how it works out. I try to only buy DVD-18's locally because even though I haven't had any probs with the many I have until yesterday, I'm wary and want to minimise any return hassles. The one DVD-18 I got "remotely" was the only bad one...figures. Maybe I'll wait until the local Wal-Mart gets stock, still didn't have any today. I'll be sure to try and avoid the "Made in Mexico" batch. Thanks.

ChristianB

Stunt Coordinator
Just confirming that Sony boards the bilingual bandwagon starting with their April 4, 2006 releases (Blue Thunder : Special Edition among others) :angry: :angry:

I think that leaves Disney remaining (the major studios anyway). Sorry I don't consider that small "quarter" sized 'Version Francais Incluse" circle on the front cover bilingual, but hey that's me...

Rolando

Screenwriter
wow, at this rate I will soon have to import ALL my DVDs...

shoot, what if Blu Ray discs all come out bilingual in Canada right off the bat... this could get really bad :angry:

Rolando

Screenwriter
Hi guys,

thought I would mention it here even though it covers a TV show it is still a very important difference with a Canadian release.

Apparently, according to this thread over at the TV show forum, the Canadian re-release of X-Files season 2 is missing the last episode, the season finale.

Apparently not all Canadian copies are affected but many retailers have nothing but the defective one in stock.

buyer beware!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlohaTiger
Recent bookmarks