What's new

US Open....Serena Williams "boots" (3 Viewers)

Max Leung

Senior HTF Member
Hey, I was kidding about that Mr. T. comment. She looked good in the other shots, just not THAT one.
smile.gif

Muscular women can look very hot...think Sable from WWF. Yummy!

And don't forget the movie Total Recall - before Arnie gets plugged in, he verbally asks for an "athletic" female protagonist.
wink.gif

Kevin M

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kevin Ray
quote:Ah. See, my cut-off is when she's inclined to do so. Otherwise, fit/athletic/powerful women are generally hot.

Oh yeah....and you damn sure better deliver on the goods or she will kick your ass!
biggrin.gif

Kevin Alexander

Screenwriter
Thanks for those pics!;) Serena's a beautiful girl w/ a "superfine" physique.

Word!!!!

If you don't find Serena attractive, you should seriously consider turning in your MAN CARD and perform a self check.

Steeve Bergeron

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steeve Bergeron
Just to be clear, I have no problem with athletic women, on the contrary. It's when they go overboard with the muscles that the feminity goes out of the window. In my world, a woman has to be feminine to be attractive. I don't associate "big muscular arms/legs" with "feminity". Maybe I'm just crazy, but somehow I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one thinking like that.

Sharon Stone/Rachel Ticotin in Total Recall? Anytime!

Kevin Alexander

Screenwriter
quote: Maybe I'm just crazy, but somehow I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one thinking like that.
Of course, you're crazy. But take solice in the fact that there are others crazy just like you.
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif

As Robert said earlier, "To each his own". To me, beautiful women come in varying shapes and sizes (not any and every size, mind you). From Serena Williams to Monica Bellucci to Halle Berry, and everything in between - they all have different sizes, and they all possess femininity to me.

Vlad D

Screenwriter
Real Name
Vladimir Derenoncourt
quote:I've never seen any woman wear short shorts in tennis until now

Lets not forget another tennis beauty, who I believe started short shorts in womens tennis: Anna K.

Anna 1

Anna 2

Anna 3

And you can also put me in the "Serena is hot" camp.
thumbsup.gif
Love the short shorts! Screw tradition!

ChrisHeflen

Supporting Actor
I know the guy who designed those shoes with the warm ups.

I saw them before production in a drawing. I think they're a little wierd but a neat idea and practical.

Jason Adams

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Roger Jason Adams
I would rather have Serena then Anna, to be honest. Anna's overrated to me. But did you guys know that shes going out with Brett Ratner. Brett frickin' Ratner!?!?! Thats a worse choice then Eric Benet.

RobertR

Senior HTF Member
Anna is starting to be overshadowed by Maria Sharapova, who is not only good looking, but younger and a better tennis player.

Francois Caron

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
François Caron
quote:I guess I'm not a "real man". My credo - If she can kick my ass, I want no part of her.

I'm a total opposite. I'm willing to call her "Mistress!"
biggrin.gif

As for fashion in sports, we just have to get used to what we're seeing these days. We have athletes who wear what they wear because it helps their performance, and we have athletes who like to... well... "whore" for their sponsors.

In Serena's case, the clothing may help her move swiftly on the court. It's definitely less constrictive. But the choice of color and style (especially the leg warmers) definitely make her look like a dominatrix!
smile.gif

Kevin M

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kevin Ray
quote:It's when they go overboard with the muscles that the feminity goes out of the window. In my world, a woman has to be feminine to be attractive. I don't associate "big muscular arms/legs" with "feminity".

As someone who has dated not one but two female bodybuilder's in my life I can tell you that the truly charming thing is that despite their physical appearance their "feminine" attributes do not simply go away, in fact I always found it endearing when they would girlishly giggle at something or "aww" at something on TV etc. etc.

YMMV but to me "feminity" is not just a physical attribute but a general attitude, believe me I have met many women who you would consider to be physically "feminine" but underneath they were more crass and uncaring then most "athletic" woman I have met.

The outside is important I guess but the inside is the real person you will be having a relationship with...depending on what your values are I suppose.

Haggai

Senior HTF Member
Sorry to revive this thread with some actual tennis content (
wink.gif
), but did anyone else see Williams/Capriati last night? I was never much of a fan of the Williams sisters, so I was happy to see Jennifer win, but Serena got so robbed it was ridiculous. The chair ump overruled a point for her in the first game of the 3rd set, and I'm almost sure that it was the worst call I've ever seen. She hit a winner down the line at deuce, the linesperson called it good, which it obviously was, and then the ump overruled from the other side of the frickin' court! Then there were two more awful calls (not as mind-blowingly bad as the earlier one, but still terrible) that went against Serena in the last game of the match! Unbelievable. I don't blame Jennifer, she played her butt off to give herself a chance to win, but I can't help but think that this will be remembered if she manages to go all the way now and win her first Open.

DaveBB

Supporting Actor
Did anyone hear about how Shaquille O'Neal was going around shooting his mouth of how he'd "been with"
wink.gif
Serena but then issued a statement saying he was joking?

Shaq probably didn't care about getting sued and was more worried about Serena finding him and kicking his ass.
biggrin.gif

ChrisHeflen

Supporting Actor
quote:Sorry to revive this thread with some actual tennis content (), but did anyone else see Williams/Capriati last night? I was never much of a fan of the Williams sisters,

Oh my gosh your whole post sums up exactly what I was thinking about last nites match. I never watch sports, but I did happen to see this match and I couldn't agree more. Serena was robbed and I did feel bad, and she handled it very well. Well, at least what we got to see. It was interesting to hear one of the announcers say something like "...the Williams sisters always feel like the world is against them anyway..." Give me a break! When? When Nike is cutting them a check for millions? When they're shown attending all the hottest celebrity parties? When they're cashing their million dollar tennis checks?

Never forget the million dollar rule...

Lew Crippen

Senior HTF Member
Serena was reported in the press this morning as saying (more or less) 'she was robbed, but that was not why she lost'.

This seems a pretty classy way to handle the situtation.

Haggai

Senior HTF Member
Yeah, she admitted that she shouldn't have lost the second set, after having dominated the first one.

Ted Lee

Senior HTF Member
i was trying to watch this last night while working at bb.
wink.gif

i did see that horrible call in the last game. that ball was clearly in. and you could just *see* the frustration on her face. i did feel bad for serena

however, she was cool when she went to meet capriati at the net. i thought that showed good sportsmanship. but did something happen at the very end, when capriati was being interviewed? it seemd like the crowd was giving her a bad time?

------

on a side note, i haven't watched tennis in some time. when did they start using that computer graphic to show where the ball lands? i thought that was very cool.

however, i'm curious about one thing. if that technology is *that* good, why don't they use it as a sort of instant-replay or something? seems like a very useful tool for the umpire/line-people???

Haggai

Senior HTF Member
quote:i did see that horrible call in the last game. that ball was clearly in. and you could just *see* the frustration on her face. i did feel bad for serena

There were two really bad ones in the last game, but I'm telling you, they were nothing compared to the one in the first game of the 3rd set. That one landed inside the court without even touching the sideline, and still the ump ruled it out! Unbelievable.

quote:however, she was cool when she went to meet capriati at the net. i thought that showed good sportsmanship. but did something happen at the very end, when capriati was being interviewed? it seemd like the crowd was giving her a bad time?

Yeah, the interviewer asked Capriati about that awful call in the first game of the set, and she kind of declined to answer, saying that she didn't see it or something (obviously not true, but what was she supposed to say?) Some of the crowd booed, but most of them were clearly on her side.

quote:on a side note, i haven't watched tennis in some time. when did they start using that computer graphic to show where the ball lands? i thought that was very cool.

however, i'm curious about one thing. if that technology is *that* good, why don't they use it as a sort of instant-replay or something? seems like a very useful tool for the umpire/line-people???

It is pretty cool, it's been around for a few years now. Tennis is very much a rhythm-oriented game, so I don't know that instant replay would be such a great idea. You might get matches where every other point would be disputed, and it would take hours on end.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks