UPS Tracking Angst -- ARGH!

Discussion in 'After Hours Lounge (Off Topic)' started by MichaelBA, Aug 28, 2006.

1. MichaelBA

MichaelBA Supporting Actor

I ordered a Dell notebook for somebody. Checked the UPS tracking online. It said Out For Delivery this morning. Fine.

Then I checked later this afternoon and it said: THE RECEIVER WAS NOT AVAILABLE TO SIGN ON THE 2ND DELIVERY ATTEMPT. A 3RD DELIVERY ATTEMPT WILL BE MADE.

What? Wait! The package was JUST out for delivery TODAY, for the FIRST time! How could TWO failed attempts have been made on the same day -- and now we're already onto the third and LAST attempt?!

Whoa!!! WAIT!!!!

I call up UPS and check their automated system first, and it says the same as the online info: TWO attempts failed... on the FIRST day of delivery!

So, I re-route my call to an operator and... then my angst begins.

He checks whatever he checks and says what he sees is only ONE attempt, the FIRST attempt, today and that's it. OK. I want to be relieved, but he also adds the driver who made that first attempt probably put in the wrong information.

So then, I naturally ask, how will the driver TOMORROW know whether it is the SECOND or the THIRD attempt? Duh, duh, duh. "All I can tell you, sir, is what I see on the screen."

Well, can you change the online and automated system to reflect the correct tracking information, just do something to assure me that WRONG information is no longer in the UPS system about my delivery? Duh, duh, duh. "I see on the screen, sir, that it's the first attempt, so that's it."

Right, I understand what YOU see -- but can you also understand how this makes ME uneasy about the delivery? Duh, duh, duh. "Well, all I can tell you, sir, is that I see it's a first attempt."

"Sir"? "Sir"?! SIR?!!?!!!

ARGH!
    GRRRR!!!!!
    BLARGHAFARGHAAAAAAAHHH!!!!
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. MarkHastings

MarkHastings Executive Producer

You should have ordered it through USPS [​IMG]

I'd leave a note (taped to the door), explaining the fact that there was only 1 attempted delivery.

3. MichaelBA

Does Dell give you a choice -- UPS or USPS?! I shoulda checked!

4. BrianW

BrianW Cinematographer

Brian
    Oops. Wrong thread.

5. Jay H

Jay H Producer

Jay
    Just be glad it wasn't shipped by FedEx via a plane with Tom Hanks on board.... [​IMG]

Jay

6. Eric_L

Eric_L Screenwriter

Sounds like this guy has a bright future working in government services...

7. Brian Johnson

Brian Johnson Supporting Actor

Could be worse.

Try calling Tracfone & getting an english-as-their-first-language operator. [​IMG]

At least my problem was resolved (in a 30 minute phonecall)

8. MarkHastings

MarkHastings Executive Producer

USPS used to do all of their delivering, but I think they gave it up. I don't think there's a choice, that was just a bad joke on my part [​IMG]

9. MichaelBA

Not a bad joke, Mark. I'm just angry. Can ya tell?!? [​IMG]

10. DougR

DougR Second Unit

Just be there for the Next Delivery................
    problem Solved !!

11. Andrew Bunk

Andrew Bunk Screenwriter

You should be able to request it be held at the local UPS office so it doesn't get sent back to Dell.

12. MichaelBA

It arrived last night. But -- GRR!

Had a USPS package out Tuesday, delivered today. One day, regular shipping. YAY for USPS!

13. Greg_S_H

Greg_S_H Executive Producer

Greg
    Here's what's going on with the USPS with me right now. The guy handed the package to USPS on Monday and it arrived in Dallas early Wednesday morning. So, I watched for it in the Wednesday evening mail--nothing. The Thursday mail--nothing. The Friday mail--nothing. Checked the tracking today, and it's in Greensboro, NC! WTF? I doubt if they're sending it back to the seller because of a muffed address, because he's in South Dakota. It left Greensboro, so maybe it's on the way back. On top of them mangling a money order I sent at the first of the month, and me now waiting for the replacement check that was sent by Western Union last Friday, I am not currently sharing the love for the USPS. Of course, every carrier has good and bad days.

14. Chris Lockwood

Chris Lockwood Producer

I'll take the mail over UPS any day. At least if I have to go to them to pick up a package, I won't have to drive 30 miles to the middle of nowhere.

Also UPS counter "service" is the worst. It makes airport security look friendly.