What's new

UPS recommendation for Onkyo HT-S5500/46" LED TV (1 Viewer)

sx4dude2013

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Brian
Looking for power protection for the new system. A UPS? Need something with at least 6 outlets. I see a ton on Amazon. Some $60 and some $2000. To my understanding a UPS is basically a battery backup. Any advice. I have a cheap surge protector that is 6 years old and need something good for a decent price (under $100) that will protect my gadgets. Dont wanna be cheap but dont wanna spend a ton. If that makes sense. Is this one good or bad? I have no idea what to look for? http://www.amazon.com/CyberPower-CP850AVRLCD-Intelligent-850VA-Tower/dp/B000RZPK1W/ref=sr_1_35?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1357871036&sr=1-35&keywords=ups+power+supply What W's should I look for? Advice is GREATLY appreciated! :)

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
UPS stands for "uninterruptible power supply"... In other words..."battery back-up". That one is fine. Just make sure you let it charge 24-48 hours before you plug anything into it. That is the biggest mistake people make with them...is not charging it first.

sx4dude2013

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Brian
schan1269 said:
UPS stands for "uninterruptible power supply"... In other words..."battery back-up". That one is fine. Just make sure you let it charge 24-48 hours before you plug anything into it. That is the biggest mistake people make with them...is not charging it first.
Great! Once again! I appreciate it!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation111
Recent bookmarks