What's new

UPN's new show "Game Over" bombs....Whose fault is it? (1 Viewer)

MarkHastings

Senior HTF Member
The premise sounded like it could be interesting, but the execution was poor.

I can't believe the very first episode was about getting the dog! That sounds like one of those desperate plots they through into shows that have been on for years and are losing audience appeal. This was SUCH a "Jump the Shark" moment.

One of the best moments was when they showed the mom entering the cave and had that 'behind the character' perpective of the Tomb Raider game. :emoji_thumbsup: But everything else was just lame. :frowning:I wonder if it was the scene where the dog is spying on the mom (through a peep hole) in the shower. It showed her naked ass, but it was blurred. I figured they blurred it so they could get away with showing it, but it could have been a censorhip thing that was added.

Hunter P

Screenwriter
Saw it, hated it. Not one good joke which illicited even a smile from me.

Yup. That was the censored scene.

Rob T

Screenwriter

some shots of the moms ass were changed and Artie Lange had to redo 2 words, like change numbnuts to numbnads. Stupid stuff.

I only watch it for Artie, but I expect to see it canceled soon.

Chris Hicks

Stunt Coordinator
does anyone know what time this will be on tonight? my DTIVO says 9:00pm eastern and zap2it.com lists the same however tvguide.com and my local UPN website show 8:00pm eastern.

Casey Trowbridg

Senior HTF Member
I'm a huge wrestling fan, and can't be bothered to watch Smackdown on UPN. I remember when we finally got a UPN station in our area, after 1 week of Smackdown it was like the channel had never shown up at all given that I didn't watch UPN again after that. I watch a lot of TV...and none of it is on UPN. Part of it is marketing, I'm sure they've got shows that I might be interested in, but not knowing what they are or when they are on doesn't help.

JohnAP

Second Unit
Thinking back, the only shows I ever watched regularly on UPN were properties from other networks, Buffy, Roswell, Star Trek series. They've had a real problem coming up with a good original show. I agree with the above poster that they seem to have had trouble building an identity. They tried to be the network for the urban audience, then they were the network for science fiction/genre fans, now they're just a mishmash of bad shows. WB, which debuted around the same time, is the sibling that seems to have gotten all the good genes and has had much better luck launching new shows.

It should also be noted that no major network besides Fox seems to be able to do animation in prime time.

Brian-W

Screenwriter
watched it last night, hoping for a better showing than the premier episode.

After last night, I think I'm done with Game Over...

Casey Trowbridg

Senior HTF Member

Yep, and the Critic is actually a good example of this. It was cancled off of ABC mainly because of poor ratings, but also because it just didn't fit with what the network was doing at the time. It goes to Fox, does great in the ratings, but this time it was canceled because the network president who had no part in picking up the show and didn't care for it just decided to yank it from the schedule. But, no other network can do the animation thing like Fox does. It won't stop them from trying though as I believe NBC has a CGI series in development with dream works, if I recall correctly.

BobbyPerry

Stunt Coordinator
I am done with Game Over. This show is not that sweet. I will stick to Tripping the Rift, which I really like so far. It gets funnier every week, unlike Game Over.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks