What's new

Upgrading my front L/R (1 Viewer)

beatdr

Grip
Real Name
Dustin Ruffner
Hi, so I am running the Onkyo SKF-540F in 5.2 (decided to hook up my old powerd sub, just because) and the Onkyo TX-NR828. Sounds great but with music sometimes it feels "lacking". I'm thinking of upgrading the fronts but not sure if it's worth it. I haven't hooked up the other 2 surrounds but I'm not sure they would add that much as far as that gose. If I was to spend around $200 on some fronts would it make that big a differance? What's a good match? I am happy with the quality and movie/game surround stuff it's just teh music needs more. Any advice would be great. Input?

beatdr

Grip
Real Name
Dustin Ruffner

beatdr

Grip
Real Name
Dustin Ruffner
Thanks! I was thinking it might not be much of a jump. It's close but I can deal till I can afford a bigger buget. how much further would be a good step up? price wise? Maybe I'll just keep my JBL TR 225's hooked up, not great clairity or quality of sound, but loud.

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
Step up from the SKF?I wouldn't pay more than $100 for them on CraigsList.A big step is a $3000 budget. Once you get there to $5000, you'll get into speakers you'll own for decades.

ArmSC

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Tony
If you want to upgrade the fronts your probably going to want to do all three across so you have a timbre matched set. Why don't you look at something like these BIC LCRs. About $100 each and 95dB sensitivity should get quite loud. That's if you like a horn tweeter which you might.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlohaTiger
Recent bookmarks