Upgrading from Tiger

Discussion in 'Apple' started by Carl Miller, May 29, 2010.

1. Carl Miller

Carl Miller Screenwriter

Maybe a silly question, but I want to upgrade OS X and am currently running Tiger 10.4....Apple's site says from 10.4 I should buy some box package that comes with Snow Leopard 10.6.3 and iWork. I already have iWork. Snow Leopard alone is only $29 for an upgrade.

Is it possible to just go from 10.4 to Snow Leopard with the $29 upgrade? Or is there something in this box package version that I actually need along with the other stuff I don't need? I've been checking around Apple's site and seem to be going in circles without finding a definitive answer. Thanks for any provided.

2. Parker Clack

Parker Clack Schizophrenic Man

Parker
    I upgraded my 10.4 to Snow Leopard without a hitch using just the upgrade. The issue with iWork is that it will need to work with Snow Leopard so you will need to have an upgrade for that too.

There are others on here that will be able to give you a more definitive answer but I had no trouble with upgrade the OS from 10.4 to 10.6 with the Snow Leopard upgrade disc.

Parker

3. Sam Posten

Sam Posten Moderator

Sam Posten
    Yes it is, as long as you have an intel mac

4. Carl Miller

Carl Miller Screenwriter

Thanks guys! Yep, I have an intel Mac...The iWork I have is an unopened 09 package which I bought when I purchased my Mac Book a while back but never got around to using it. Hopefully, that will work. If not, I'll upgrade as needed.