What's new

Unusual forces of nature at work against my car. (1 Viewer)

Philip_G

Senior HTF Member
Southwest Plaza area. And left the windows in the house open to boot.
Dunno where that is :b
sucks about the windows though.

I used a small art brush when I langka'd my old car, it worked pretty well. I think I spent all told about 45 bucks on the kit with the prep, brush, langka, and sealer. Have a bunch left if you'd like to sample it though.

Philip_T

Supporting Actor
Mr.G

Southwest Plaza area is near Southwest Plaza :D
Im way southwest, Littleton area. I may have to PM when I get a chance to break away and check out that langka. Thanks for the offer.

Philip_G

Senior HTF Member
Ah, OK littleton I know (kinda..)
keep in mind I've only been here since may :)
I can find my house (sometimes) and work, and walmart, that's about it.

Andrew W

Supporting Actor
Taking my 2yo PT Cruiser to Dent Buster next week to get a ding out of the door and another on the fender. I've been rear ended twice. I'm still pissed about the 2nd time because the body shop didn't get the painted matched even after two tries. But it still looks good and most people think it's new.

Ryan_C

Second Unit
Philip T,

I feel your pain. When I graduated college I bought a brand new Jeep Cherokee. I babied it like hell for awhile, but after the first scratch or two, I just don't worry about it anymore. It's not a super nice car like yours though.

I plan on keeping it until the day I die or the thing blows up, whichever comes first. That way, I have that as a daily driver/mall/grocery car, and when I am older I can keep my M3 and/or '67 Shelby Mustang for recreational weekend uses!:D

David Preston

Supporting Actor
I am the same way about my car. Wash, wax, park far away and what do you know you still get dinged. I once paid $90 to get a ding pulled out. Now I'm just gonna wait till we get a third car before I fix the dings that way I don't have to drive my car somewhere I don't feel it will be safe.

Mathew Shelby

Second Unit
Try going to college where half the kid's cars are POS and they don't care if they ding someone else's car
Try keeping a black car
Try this in Florida...in the summer

I have given up...

Karl_Luph

Supporting Actor
Yes, somewhere you just have to let it go and realize there are more important things to stress out about like kids,bills, groceries,school tuitions etc...

Ted Lee

Senior HTF Member
i totally feel your pain, but it does get easier. i used to be supremely anal about my car (and it's only a 94 accord).

but last time someone tapped my rear bumper, they did about 1k worth of damage. it's just a bunch of scrapes in the plastic bumper. guess what i did with the money? yep, put it in my bank and let the bumper stay as is.

it was really a turning point in my career.

but i still think it's nice to be semi-anal about your car. i still do all the parking far away things, etc. (heck, i posted a while ago on that very topic.) of course, if i ever get another new car, then i'm back to square one until that car is 10 years old. then i'll ease up. ;)

Philip_T

Supporting Actor
Well, the initial shock is now subsiding and is slowly turning to numbness ;) . I coulndn't even bring myself to look at the scratch last night. But thanks in part to this support group, it is getting easier. I'm way past the denial stage now :D . As soon as I can bring myself to look at the damage, I will be taking some steps to try and correct it temporarily. May need to take a trip to Castle Rock and visit Philip_G and his magic paint repair kit. Of course, he'll probably look at it and say "what scratch?";)

Has anybody ever parked far away from the "other" cars only to come back out of the store to find someone has parked right next to you, with the "other" cars still miles away?

DonRoeber

Screenwriter
One of my friends once asked me sarcastically "Could you park any farther away?" I replied "You bet I can!" and parked in that far far corner spot in the remote lot of the mall parking lot. Took us at least 10 minutes to walk to the mall entrance.

Oddly enough, he never asked me again.

Ryan_C

Second Unit
Has anybody ever parked far away from the "other" cars only to come back out of the store to find someone has parked right next to you, with the "other" cars still miles away?
Used to happen to my parents all the time. Back in 85, my parents bought a Buick Grand National. Super fast car and collector's item. Dubbed the last american muscle car by a few. First car my dad ever owned from brand new. Needless to say, I got used to walking alot when I was a kid. My mom parked that thing in BFE anytime we went ANYWHERE. And 50% of the time, we would come out and someone would be parked next to us.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks