unusual component video link question

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by andrew markworthy, Mar 23, 2003.

1. andrew markworthy

I'm probably being *very* dumb, but here goes.

(1) I've just bought a Sony DVD-amp-speaker system that doesn't have a scart output. There are the opportunities to have output through s-video or component video.

(2)I only have a scart input on my (4 years-old) TV (a Philips Matchline widescreen that was the flagship model at the time I bought it).

(3) At the moment, I'm making do with a cheap and cheerful composite video lead. I can easily buy an s-video to scart lead.

I'd like to use the component video output, but am I right in assuming that a component video connection can't be done to an 'ordinary' TV? Certainly, I can't find any suitable component video to scart leads in the stores.

2. Bill Kane

Bill Kane Screenwriter

Scart is a euro fitting we dont use. Allen Jayne posted a comment I found in Search, but it's greek to me HERE

I suspect there is little chance to adapt 3-wire component to Scart inexpensively, and anyway that wud give only a 10-20-25 percent video picture quality improvement over S-Video.

So if you can go S-Video to Scart, you're good.

bill