What's new

Universal to release "Army of Darkness: Screwhead Edition" on May 19 (1 Viewer)

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Jonathon,

If I seemed snippy it is only because I occasionally get frustrated
that the same members are posting press releases from other sites,
giving them credit, when we get the same Press Release information.

Now granted, I understand other sites get leaked information and our
members surely appreciate hearing about it as soon as possible.

I am only concerned about any member who may potentially be using
this forum to promote another.

Jonathon M

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Jonathon

Fair call Ron. I must say, one of the reasons I pretty much only hang around on this forum (as far as HT/movies/etc go) is because of the vibe, reasonable (but justified) rules, and the effort that you and the team go to from events through to reviews (well, with the exception of the Eagle Eye review... technically great, but I shall leave it at that! :P ).

Anyway, cheers for the prompt reply, and I completely understand your point.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Jonathon, thanks so much for that. If I came off as being snippy I
do apologize. The last thing I want to do is to evoke a negative vibe here
while in an effort to protect this forum.

Jesse Blacklow

Senior HTF Member
I hope that's not how this is being taken, because that's not what I intend when I post. It's just that sites like Blu-ray.com DVDActive, and DVD Times are usually among the first sites to post Blu-ray news. I certainly don't mean for my posts to replace the official press releases that HTF gets.

Personally, I would have absolutely no problem if you wanted to merge my threads into official ones when you get the press releases. Heck, you can even chuck my original posts and merge the discussion and I wouldn't complain. ;)

Michael Osadciw

Screenwriter
Real Name
Michael Osadciw
I didn't know Universal pulled the press release. Wow...that could be a good thing. I wonder how often a studio puts up a press release like this, let it go to the forums, read everyone's pros and cons comments within a day or two, and then use that information for that release as they pull the release (while monitoring the thread). I know they read these forums...but good for them if they really take our comments to heart.

I'd like to see a better extended cut than what was in the broomstick edition. the quality was really bad, and i think there was even a disclaimer about the quality on that version, wasn't there? It's been a long time since I've loaded it in.

I'd like to see Universal revisit Army of Darkness from the starting board. C'mon, it's a title released over and over, it has a reputable fan base, and for the Blu-ray release (like all film releases) it should get top treatment with no alterations in image quality.

Jrf2

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
James
With this being postponed, I wish I'd picked up the HD-DVD/DVD combo. I've been hankering to watch this lately. Here's hoping it gets promptly re-announced.

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
Of course, it's not like Universal doesn't have a Sam Raimi horror movie coming out on video in a few months that they can use to cross-promote Army of Darkness and maybe Darkman. I'm kind of surprised that they didn't do it for the theatrical release of Drag Me to Hell, but maybe it will be easier to get Raimi, Tapert , and company to work on some new extras while they're doing the same thing for the new movie.

sigmund100

Agent
Real Name
Eric Douglas
Guess what... I am not buying this movie again and I don't care how special the edition is, whether its in HD or whatever. I'm done owning this movie. I've bought the:

Army of Darkness (Laserdisc)
Army of Darkness: Widescreen (DVD) (Uni - non-anamorphic)
Army of Darkness: Special Edition (DVD) (Anchor Bay)
Army of Darkness: Boomstick Edition (DVD) (Anchor Bay)
Army of Darkness: Director's Cut (DVD) (Anchor Bay)
Bruce Campbell vs. Army Of Darkness - The Director's Cut (Official Bootleg Edition) (DVD) (Anchor Bay)

It's really unecessary and I'm not giving this movie any more of my money. I'm a fan but I have to draw the line, somewhere!

The "DiviMax" transfer that Anchor Bay did looks great (or good enough). If the studios want to draft off of Sam Raimi's "Drag Me To Hell" release (which is what Universal is intending to do by re-releasing yet another special edition here) why not a Director's Cut of "Crimewave" (or just releasing the film for that matter), instead of wasting our time with a DVD that's been milked to death?

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Yeah. My guess is that it'll be out in September or October since most studios seem reluctant to release horror movies at any other time of year (unless there's a theatrical release of a remake to tie-in with).

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation449
Recent bookmarks