What's new

Universal Signature Collection (LD related) (1 Viewer)

BooneG

Stunt Coordinator
I was wondering if anybody could tell me what all of the Universal Signature Collection LDs are. I am a purist and am trying to get them all. I looked on ebay and they only have a few. Please help.

YANG

Screenwriter
UNIVERSAL's SIGNATURE COLLECTIONS are quite expensive during that time.Let me see...

WS2.35-DANTES PEAK
WS2.35-THE JACKAL
WS2.35-THE MUMMY
WS1.85-SCHINDLER'S LIST
WS1.85-DAYLIGHT
WS1.85-LIAR LIAR

These are the few that i can remember...

Matt Stone

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Stone
I'm new the the LD game too...and trying to get my hands on all kinds of stuff, but I can't find a good repository out there (except for maybe the Criterion titles)...anybody know any good places.

Matt Stone

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Stone
BTW, there's also Soderbergh's Out of Sight: Signature. I know becuase I just bought it :)

MattHR

Screenwriter
I believe these complete the list:

Jaws (CAV or CLV)
For Richer or For Poorer
Street Fighter
Psycho (1960)
Field of Dreams
12 Monkeys
E.T. (not in typical grey packaging)
Tremors
The Thing
The Blues Brothers
Scarface
Dragonheart
American Graffiti
Animal House
The Apostle
Blues Brothers 2000
The Boxer
Dragon: The Bruce Lee Story
EdTV
Fried Green Tomatoes
The Last Starfighter
Psycho (1998)
Out of Sight
To Kill A Mockingbird
Patch Adams

alan halvorson

Senior HTF Member
Matt: If by "a good repository" you mean a neat site that tells everything about all laser discs ever released, and maybe, hopefully, includes imports as well - all LD'ers have dreamt of such a thing but there ain't no such animal (but I'd sure like to be proven wrong!). The closest is the IMDB, which is far from complete and is often inaccurate. If you're willing to spend some bucks, however, The DVD Register may be what you're looking for. They have a CD-ROM containing 16,800 domestically released LD titles to go along with their cataloging software (I am not affiliated with this site in any way).

Matt Stone

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Stone
Does it list specs? I agree that IMDB is pretty good, but a few titles aren't listed...and I'd like to find out if they are OAR, or pan and scan.

alan halvorson

Senior HTF Member
Matt: I don't know - I suggest browsing the site and e-mailing the company (individual, I think). I just might invest .....

Aaron Reynolds

Screenwriter
Real Name
Aaron Reynolds
That Signature Series Out of Sight was the last new LD I bought (aside from clearance Ken Cranes discs). I do have some later ones, but they were all bought used.

What a great disc. I miss new LDs. The PCM track on Out of Sight is tremendous!

Matt Stone

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Stone
I can't wait until my Out of Sight LD arrives in the mail...only paying 7 bucks shipped, I now feel like I got a hell of a deal!

Aaron Reynolds

Screenwriter
Real Name
Aaron Reynolds
Well, the featurette is pretty unenlightening (despite being made by the same guy who made that brilliant three hour Jaws documentary), but the deleted scenes are fun, and the commentary is pretty entertaining, especially when Scott Frank points out his favourite shot in the whole movie:
Jennifer's Lopez, her back to the camera, leaning into the trunk to get her shotgun.

:D
Anyhow, for $7, you're getting a great transfer of a great movie, and man does David Holmes' music sound good on that PCM track.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maanw2357
Recent bookmarks