What's new

Universal Remote will not control Dish Network box (1 Viewer)

winniw

Second Unit
Real Name
Nick Reed
I have an Elite Screens ZR800D univeral remote and got it to work with my receiver, BD player and projector by using the learning mode.

I cannot get the remote to work with my Dish Network box. I tried using the Echostar codes and the learning mode. While programming in the learning mode, it appears to be "learning" but when I try to use it, there is no response from the Dish box. Why?

ZachAtDISHNet

Auditioning
Real Name
Zachary Schultz
Hello Nick,
My name is Zach Schultz and I work at DISH Network. There is one thing that we need to check. With universal remotes we need to make sure that the remote address on the receiver is set to 1 for the primary remote. To check this all you need to do is press the menu button on your DISH remote two times. That will bring you to a screen that says "System Info". You will see a line that says "Primary Remote Address", in the white box to the right of the line that will have a number in it. That number needs to be 1, if it is not we can change it by holding the SAT button on your DISH remote until all the lights light up. Once the lights light up release the button and the SAT button will be blinking, while it is blinking press the number 1 followed by the # button. The SAT button will blink 3 times. After it blinks press the record button 3 times and that number will change to one. Try your universal remote, if it is compatible with our equipment it should be working now. Let me know if you have any other questions.

Zachary Schultz

Internet Response Team

DISH Network

Tuesday-Saturday
06:00-14:30 MST

winniw

Second Unit
Real Name
Nick Reed
Zack,

Thank you very much for responding to my problem.

I checked out the Dish receiver and it was set to 1. There is a note in the universal remote's manual that states that it may not work with everything, due to some type of software conflict with some products... so I guess that's it.

Thanks though. I must say that in my experience, Dish Network's customer service has always been top-notch and I appreciate that.

Nick

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks