What's new

Universal possibilities for 2011 (1 Viewer)

JamesSmith

Senior HTF Member
Dear Guys:

Since it's been said that Shout has been doing some work with Universal series, and we've already heard that Airwolf season 4 is coming out. How about guessing what other shows might be on OUR lists?

Hmm.

Fantastic Journey

(this short lived series from 1976 does show up quite a bit on a few tv DVD lists, don't ask me why--it's mentioned on the Amazon.Com wish list)

Invisible Man (David McCallum)

Gemini Man

Otherworld

What else can we guess about?

James

Jack P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jack
"Fantastic Journey" is a Sony property I think.

It would be nice if the remaining seasons for "Night Gallery", "Black Sheep Squadron" and "Hardy Boys" would get to DVD to finish those titles at long last.

WaveCrest

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
The first three seasons were released on DVD by Universal, so I'm hoping Quincy, M.E. is continued on DVD by Shout! Factory.

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
I mention this is every Universal TV thread...but I'd be thrilled to see seaQuest Season 3 hit DVD in some form from anybody. Universal clearly has no interest in it and maybe Shout can go back and not only get S3 out, but give seasons 1 and 2 better releases, too. But I'll be happy with just the third season.

Jack P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jack
Originally Posted by Charles Thaxton

how about PROJECT UFO (Jack Webb productions)?

Not a Universal property. Webb produced that show after he broke with them and the rights became Worldvision which by default now makes it a CBS/Paramount property.

Peter M Fitzgerald

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Peter Fitzgerald
Since DRAGNET 1969 is coming from Shout very soon, I think it's a pretty safe bet that DRAGNET 1970 will probably follow in 2011, completing that color series. Perhaps Shout will pick up NIGHT GALLERY (one short season left) and ALFRED HITCHCOCK PRESENTS (three seasons left, of the original series) and continue/complete them, as well.

Universal's short-lived horror anthology series of the early 1980s, DARKROOM, was recently released on DVD in Australia; I could see Shout licensing that.

Other possibilities (a few rather remote):

THE ALFRED HITCHCOCK HOUR (1962-65, three seasons)

SUSPICION (1957, one season, from Hitchcock's production company)

T.H.E. CAT (1966-67, one season, although I'm still not sure if this is with Universal, or is a Republic/Worldvision therefore CBS/Paramount property now)

CAPTAIN NICE (1966-67, one season, ditto)

AMAZING STORIES, SEASON 2

--also, there are some classic made-for-tv movies, most notably:

FEAR NO EVIL (1969)

RITUAL OF EVIL (1970)

KILLDOZER (1974)

Darby67

Screenwriter
Real Name
Sean
I would love to see Universal release Amazing Stories: The Complete Second Season to finally complete the series!

Darby

HenryDuBrow

Screenwriter
Real Name
Henry.
Because of all the medical lingo where subtitles might come in handy I hope Universal themselves will continue Quincy M.E., McCloud's another one they ought to continue and if Madman in Australia can get it right with the original episode formats so can Universal.

Neil Brock

Senior HTF Member
I'd like to see The Outsider, Pistols 'n' Petticoats, 90 Bristol Court, The Jean Arthur Show, Lucas Tanner, The Road West, Calvin and the Colonel and Whatever Happened to the Class of '65. Of course, I don't think there's a snowballs chance for any of them, save for maybe Road West if Timeless does it.

JamesSmith

Senior HTF Member
Originally Posted by Neil Brock

I'd like to see The Outsider, Pistols 'n' Petticoats, 90 Bristol Court, The Jean Arthur Show, Lucas Tanner, The Road West, Calvin and the Colonel and Whatever Happened to the Class of '65. Of course, I don't think there's a snowballs chance for any of them, save for maybe Road West if Timeless does it.

Yeah! Somebody else remembers Lucas Tanner.

James

JamesSmith

Senior HTF Member
Just remembered Spy Games (1997) was a Universal series, I had forgotten about that, and I think She Spies (season 2) was Universal.

James

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OttoIsHere
Recent bookmarks