universal May releases

Discussion in 'Blu-ray and UHD' started by JohnPhi, Feb 27, 2007.

1. JohnPhi

JohnPhi Stunt Coordinator

2. Ryan Peddle

Ryan Peddle Second Unit

Nothing that we can call must haves...in my eyes at least.

But you know what, when I look at the titles the Universal has under their belt, they are running pretty dry except for the blockbusters that they don't want to bring out right away.

I've just examined the list of movies from the 80's and on (sorry I was born in '78, so I am focusing on these) and they just don't have anything to put out that will bring any attention to HD DVD.

You have:
    Jaws, ET, JP 1 2 & 3, Gladiator, American Pie's, Back to the Future's and a few others, but they aren't going to release these unless absolutely necessary.

And you can say all you want about the rumors...but until I see it happen I won't believe it.

So all you have left coming out of Universal is their not so great selections. And I dare to look at the catalog and pick out ten films that are not blockbusters and that have not been released yet and tell me that they are a big deal.

3. Dave Moritz

Dave Moritz Producer
    Supporter

Dave Moritz
    At this rate Universal might as well come out and say we do not give a dam about HD-DVD! [​IMG]

4. JohnPhi

JohnPhi Stunt Coordinator

Yeah I thought those were horrible selections, except for smokey, but I did not want to be the first to say it, but yeah they suck

5. Dave Moritz

Dave Moritz Producer
    Supporter

Dave Moritz
    I am interested in seeing Skeleton Key and I enjoy Smokey and the Bandit but Universal needs to get there sh-t together. That list of 3 movies sucks! If thats what they think people are going to run out and buy players for, then Universal is smoking some really good crack! [​IMG]

What about Back To The Future, Jurassic Park, ET or Bourne Identity? Universal is acting like all there great titles are allready out. This is sad and it shows that maybe Universal is out of touch and may not be that commited to HD-DVD as they have claimed. Universal is talking the talk but they are not walking the walk. [​IMG]

6. Jesse Blacklow

Jesse Blacklow Cinematographer

There might be a wrinkle in the plans:This is from an HD DVD fansite that has actually been ahead of most major sites with HD DVD news, but it's still a blog, so IMO take with a grain of salt.