What's new

Universal is about to open the floodgates... (1 Viewer)

Paul_Scott

Senior HTF Member
Carlos, as more of a fan of BW than SMDM, i'm more afraid of the latter.
seems to me Steve Austin is the big dog here, and will almost certainly get released if anything in that book does.

as far as there being more fans of SMDM than BW,...i guess.
SMDM is the guy show and guys rule the demos.
but BW was fairly popular in its day (didn't LW win an emmy for it?)- though the R2 discs,sadly, didn't seem to set the world on fire.
i think both shows look 'quaint' now to a younger demographic, so its going to be mainly a nostalgia fix.
if thats the case, i think BW should do fairly ok (i hope so).
Wagner still has a lot of fans- i know a fellow in NYC that imports a lot of old Japanese Roadshows and mags like that, and material with LW is usually in demand.
i would hope people would give it a shot since i feel the shows strength is the natural charm and warmth of Wagner, with the episodes grounded more in drama and character interaction than physical action.
while the former is what naturally attracts the male demographic more, it's also what dates these shows the most. i like to think entertaining drama transcends trends in effects and storytelling.

Mark McAlister

Stunt Coordinator
I myself would like to see The Bionic Woman and the Six Million Dollar man as well. I would also love to see someone release Friday the 13th: The Series on dvd as well.

Rolando

Screenwriter
Six Million Dollar man needs to be out firs for continuity's sake. I gotta watch Six Million Dollar man and Bionic Woman as they aired on TV or my head will explode :D

Dane Marvin

Screenwriter
It's really becoming time to pick and choose which shows I want to collect now. Because "the dream" of having every major TV series available for purchase on DVD is being realized. I guess I never believed it would, so I started to collect everything -- even shows I only had a passing interest in. Well, that time is over. We really are going to be flooded with everything. June is going to be the first month I really start to realize that.

I'll only have enough money to collect my favorite TV shows now. Ah well. Maybe someday when I'm a millionaire, I will have the greatest library of TV shows ever! Even better than Dave L's!

For now, Leave it to Beaver and ALF are the only two Universal coming attractions I'll be going for here.

Jim Beaver

Supporting Actor
I just realised maybe now that Universal is partnered with NBC they can release Happy Family if they own it that is.

I loved that show and was sad when it was canceled so a DVD would cheer me right up.

Paul Miller

Supporting Actor
Are the flood gates closed for now with Murder She Wrote, Amazing Stories, Leave It To Beaver, Dream On, Miami Vice, Bionic Woman having been announced?

Paul

Dane Marvin

Screenwriter
Are the flood gates closed for now with Murder She Wrote, Amazing Stories, Leave It To Beaver, Dream On, Miami Vice, Bionic Woman having been announced?

No, they won't be closed until Universal Studios the theme park is available on DVD.

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
I still have to write one more story tonight with "the rest of the booklet", and then the floodgates are closed at Universal. Until tomorrow. :cool:

Keith_R

Screenwriter
Real Name
Kyle
One word:

Vice!!!!!!

I absolutely love this show and could settle for only Seasons 1 & 2 making it to disc since those were the best seasons IMO. Excellent news though! is there a release date yet?

Paul_Scott

Senior HTF Member
wow.

very suprised to see that Kolchak is NOT on there anywhere.
that's kind of a shock actually.

oh well.

guess now its just the big wait and see for how long these will take to trickle out.

i'll be looking forward to Centenial.

Eric Paddon

Screenwriter
A lot of shows that I would be happy to see.

Columbo
McCloud
Marcus Welby MD
Kojak
Adam-12
Dragnet (classic)
Emergency
Ironside
Alfred Hitchcock Presents

And I'd probably be inclined to give Rockford Files and It Takes A Thief a chance.

MatthewLouwrens

Senior HTF Member
What do you know, Alfred Hitchcock Presents is confirmed. As a Hitchcock fan, that's exciting. I've wanted to see that show for a long time, and now is my chance.

Doesn't look like we know whether they are planning a season set, or a collection of Hitchcock's episodes, or any other arrangement. But whatever they decide on, I'm there.

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
Did everyone see my [rant]8[/rant] news items this morning about Universal announcements?

Official announcements today for:
  • Magnum P.I.
  • The Munsters
  • Law & Order - S14
  • Law & Order: SVU - S5
  • Law & Order: CI - S3
  • Columbo
  • Night Gallery (not in the book!)
  • The Apprentice

It will be a scary August 24th with Munsters, Night Gallery, and The Donald. :)

The rest arrive on 9/7! I have cover art for Apprentice, Magnum, and Columbo. All have disc counts, and many of those look like they are double-sided. Price seems to be pretty uniform at $59.98 SRP.

Check out individual stories for all the details.

todd s

Senior HTF Member
Dave,

I am glad they are going with Baa Baa Black Sheep instead of the Black Sheep Squadron name from the 2nd season or syndication.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks