What's new

Blu-ray Review Universal Classic Monsters: The Essential Collection Blu-ray Review - Recommended (1 Viewer)

..and created a continuity error. Now there is a branch on the right side of the frame that pops out in the second shot.

FoxyMulder

映画ファン
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
I bought this boxset on one of Amazon's Black Friday deals, just £22.50 delivered, i am pleased and looking forward to viewing them.

Alan Tully

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alan
FoxyMulder said:
I bought this boxset on one of Amazon's Black Friday deals, just £22.50 delivered, i am pleased and looking forward to viewing them.
Snap, me too! At around £2.80 a movie (& then there's all the docs) it really is dirt cheap. DVD was never this cheap.
Plus, bought the Jaws Blu for £7 in a Sainsbury's online one day offer.

FoxyMulder

映画ファン
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Was Creature filmed completely in black and white or is there sepia tones, by this i mean when viewing it, and i intend to view it nearer Xmas, will i see sepia tones or can i expect it to be completely black and white photography. ?

Bob Furmanek

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bob
The only Golden Age 3-D titles released in Sepia were MAN IN THE DARK and SPOOKS.
UI had planned IT CAME FROM OUTER SPACE for Sepia but the light loss was too severe when projected through polarizing filters and it went out in black and white.

RBlenheim

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Robert Blenheim
I received the UK set about a week ago and found, so far, the films look and sound beautiful. As far as the bookmarks feature, I had no trouble in making a bookmark. And, eventually, I figured out how to play from a bookmark (1. Press pause; 2. move cursor over to "bookmark"; 3. Push 'down arrow' to highlight the bookmarks; 4. Right or left arrow until the bookmark you want 'lights up'; 5. press the enter button). BUT... How do I REMOVE bookmarks I already set? I've spent more than 15 minutes trying to delete a bookmark and have not figured out how to do that! Does anyone know? Bob Blenheim

questrider

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Brian
I bought the UK set years ago. Is the menu UI in the North American version as pedantic as the UK one?

Brian9229

Rushman
Real Name
Brian
I had to grab this, despite owning the US set. The disc art is so much nicer, as well as the original poster cards. I'll sell my US set anyway. This was an absolute steal at just under $15 usd shipped.

Alan Tully

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alan
10 British Pounds for that set is an incredibly great deal

Fantastic, it's been around for a while, so I suppose it's a case of freeing up warehouse space. I gave my set away, as I'm happy with the legacy sets, but if any super box set appears in the future I'd have to buy it.

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
I just paid about $22 for this from UK (plus $24 more for Last Jedi 3D! woo hoo)

Any chance this will get a release of more movies in a big creepy hairy wrapped in bandages with sharp teeth sticking out set with 30 movies?

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
I just paid about $22 for this from UK (plus $24 more for Last Jedi 3D! woo hoo)

Any chance this will get a release of more movies in a big creepy hairy wrapped in bandages with sharp teeth sticking out set with 30 movies?
Whenever they release The Invisible Man and Creature From The Black Lagoon Blu-ray sets, I'd guess they'll also put them out together with the Dracula, Frankenstein, Mummy and Wolf Man sets. Creepy box may or may not happen. :)

BobO'Link

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Howie
Whenever they release The Invisible Man and Creature From The Black Lagoon Blu-ray sets, I'd guess they'll also put them out together with the Dracula, Frankenstein, Mummy and Wolf Man sets. Creepy box may or may not happen. :)
Considering how long it's been since the releases of the Wolf Man and Mummy sets I'm not holding my breath for those last two. But I know for a fact that I'd order them just as soon as they're announced. This late in the game I doubt there'd be any kind of "Creepy Box" in store...

I'm still lamenting that they didn't see fit to do a Bust set release for The Mummy, The Invisible Man, and The Creature from the Black Lagoon like the one done for Dracula, Frankenstein, and the Wolf Man. I'd have purchased it on release date and still would. I'd love to have the set of 6 on my mantle.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Considering how long it's been since the releases of the Wolf Man and Mummy sets I'm not holding my breath for those last two.
I still think that there's a good chance for a release of the Invisible Man & Creature sets in September or October. If nothing happens by then, I'll probably give up hope.

B-ROLL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bryan
I still think that there's a good chance for a release of the Invisible Man & Creature sets in September or October. If nothing happens by then, I'll probably give up hope.
Creature now has a better chance now that an Academy Award(R) Best Picture is based/inspired by it ... but I don't see the Invisible Man ... unless someone else does ;) ...

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks