Universal: Can we Please see a Ultimate Edition of "Scarface" and "Carlito's Way"?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Youssef, Sep 18, 2001.

1. Youssef

Youssef Stunt Coordinator

I have both of these discs right now but the transfer on "Carlito's Way" is really bad, not to mention that both discs are Non-Anamorphic which makes it look even worse on my Widescreen TV. Can you PLEASE consider at least re-releasing them in an Anamorphic Version with possibly a DTS soundtrack? They are classics in my opinion and deserve a classic treatment. Surely if "Wedding Planner", "Nottinghill", "American Pie" and "Meet Joe Black" have numerous update editions then I hope you will consider "Scarface" and "Carlito's Way" as well. Maybe even sell them together since De Palma directed both and in many ways "Carlito's Way" is considered a sort of
    Scarface 2 in certain ways.

2. Nate Anderson

Nate Anderson Screenwriter

I've actually held off on getting both because the transfers were so bad.
    It would love re-releases of both of these!
    ------------------
    "What if he honks in the car?"
    "I'm giving you a no honk guaruntee."

3. James D S

James D S Screenwriter

These two titles are in definate need of a redo.

4. Jay E

Jay E Cinematographer

I would definitely pick up both of these releases again if they were re-visited.

5. SteveGon

SteveGon Executive Producer

I'd definitely pick up SEs of these movies. Not Ultimate Editions though - I don't want no stinkin' pan & scan disc!
    ------------------
    He thought on homeland, the big timber, the air thin and chill all the year long. Tulip poplars so big through the trunk they put you in mind of locomotives set on end. He thought of getting home and building him a cabin on Cold Mountain so high that not a soul but the nighthawks passing across the clouds in autumn could hear his sad cry. Of living a life so quiet he would not need ears. And if Ada would go with him, there might be the hope, so far off in the distance he did not even really see it, that in time his despair might be honed off to a point so fine and thin that it would be nearly the same as vanishing.
    -- Charles Frazier, Cold Mountain

6. Youssef

Youssef Stunt Coordinator

does anyone know when we wall have a chance to chat with someone from Universal? if so, can you please make note of these dvd's and any info on possibly revisting them.

7. Wes Ray

Wes Ray Supporting Actor

Count me in for both of these as well. I'm a HUGE De Palma fan.

8. Bjorn Olav Nyberg

Bjorn Olav Nyberg Supporting Actor

I have held off of these as well, because of transfer quality. I guess that might be interpeted as a lack of interest, but with so many else titles available, I have rented these instead. The R2 Scarface is actually quite good, the documentary is also very good. But I tend to choose NTSC over PAL these days, so I'm still hoping for R1 rereleases.
    ------------------
    "You're 10 seconds away from the most embarrassing moment of your life!"
    Click here to admit you want to see Ford Fairlane on DVD!
    DVD List LD List

9. Fred_C

Fred_C Agent

Count me in for both.
    ------------------
    Fred

10. Brian Harnish

Brian Harnish Screenwriter

Just lending my support for new anamorphic transfers + Special Edition DVDs of Scarface and Carlito's Way.
    ------------------
    - Brian
    My DVD Collection
    Want Sliders on DVD? Then please SIGN the petition!

11. Tom-G

Tom-G Screenwriter

Absolutely! Forget about the other Ultimate Editions that are being released. Please give us Ultimate Editions of these two films--films that need and deserve it!
    ------------------
    As for the bad rap about the characters--hey, I've seen space operas that put their emphasis on human personalities and relationships. They're called "Star Trek" movies. Give me transparent underwater cities and vast hollow senatorial spheres any day. --Roger Ebert on The Phantom Menace

12. Martin Jeeves

Martin Jeeves Supporting Actor

Count me in for both SCARFACE and CARLITOS WAY. How about SE's of STREETS OF FIRE and Soderbergh's KING OF THE HILL as well?
    ------------------
    M.J.