What's new

Universal at CES (1 Viewer)

DaViD Boulet

Senior HTF Member

Early on MS was providing compression labor for VC-1 free of charge for WB. I know this was one reason why WB embraced VC-1 versus AVC. I'm not sure if that courtesy was extended to other studios as well. We certainly saw Paramount experiement with a variety of video CODECS on their discs (at least their BDs). I'll also be curious to see if WB continues to use VC-1 as their primary codec or if down the road we see shifts to other codecs due to cost, quality, or other issues that may change.

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten

I don't know that that's true or not. Uni has been relatively low key with ALL of their catalog releases so I wouldn't take their silence at CES as any kind of omen one way or the other. I hate making comments about Universal due to my position here, and the truth is I dont know a thing more than anyone else... But people, including me, have read so much into this situation based upon their own biases and hopes that we're off into outer space with some of these prognostications.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks