What's new

Universal announces June HD DVD releases (1 Viewer)

ppltd

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thomas Eisenmann
FYI:

Daylight, Born on the Fourth of July, Meaning of Life and Being John Malkovich are winners for me.

Note: None are Combo's

Paul Arnette

Senior HTF Member
Looks like Universal finally got the message re: Combos. Let's hope Warner and New Line get the same message re: THD.

With respect to these titles, only Monty Python's Meaning of Life is a must-own title for me. However, I'm willing to wait a while on it and see if there are any signs of Universal going neutral before biting.

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
Meaning of Life, Sneakers, and Being John Malkovich, I think.

I'm starting to think Uni's "90% combo" comment referred only to new releases, which is reasonably sensible.

ppltd

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thomas Eisenmann
From the last couple of release notes from Universal, it looks like they are reserving Combs's for new releases only, and the catalouge offerings are coming non-Combo.

As far as THD, IMHO, it is not likely Warner will drop it. I am actually lokking forward to it.

Bradley-E

Screenwriter
Universal Announces Baker's Dozen HD DVD Catalog Titles For June
March 16, 2007

Universal Studios Home Entertainment has announced two waves of June HD DVD catalog titles totaling a whopping 13 in all.

On June 12, the studio will release 'Born on the Fourth of July,' 'Bruce Almighty,' 'Daylight,' 'Liar Liar,' 'Monty Python's The Meaning of Life' and 'Sneakers.' All will be presented in 1080p video and Dolby Digital Plus 5.1 audio, and we suspect include the same extra features as found on the standard DVD release, though that assumption is not yet confirmed.

Two weeks later on June 26, Universal will roll out 'American Me,' 'Being John Malkovich,' 'Bulletproof,' 'Mallrats,' 'Meet Joe Black,' 'Mystery Men' and 'The Watcher.' As with the June 12 titles, each will be presented in 1080p video and Dolby Digital 5.1 audio.

All of the thirteen announced titles will be on dedicated HD DVD discs as opposed to the more expensive Combo Format discs, and as such will carry an SRP of $29.98. We'll update each disc listing with extra features and high resolution cover art as they are made available.

Cees Alons

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cees Alons
Yes, it's meant to be.

A single thread like this is fine, to alert interested members, but please feel free to add a clear post with a full listing of the newly announced Universal titles to that thread.

Note, BTW, that Robert Crawford is maintaining complete threads of each format.

Cees

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks