Universal announces June HD DVD releases

Discussion in 'Blu-ray and UHD' started by ppltd, Mar 16, 2007.

1. ppltd

ppltd Producer

FYI:

Daylight, Born on the Fourth of July, Meaning of Life and Being John Malkovich are winners for me.

Note: None are Combo's

2. Paul Arnette

Paul Arnette Cinematographer

Looks like Universal finally got the message re: Combos. Let's hope Warner and New Line get the same message re: THD.

With respect to these titles, only Monty Python's Meaning of Life is a must-own title for me. However, I'm willing to wait a while on it and see if there are any signs of Universal going neutral before biting.

3. Jason Seaver

Jason Seaver Lead Actor

Meaning of Life, Sneakers, and Being John Malkovich, I think.

I'm starting to think Uni's "90% combo" comment referred only to new releases, which is reasonably sensible.

4. ppltd

ppltd Producer

From the last couple of release notes from Universal, it looks like they are reserving Combs's for new releases only, and the catalouge offerings are coming non-Combo.

As far as THD, IMHO, it is not likely Warner will drop it. I am actually lokking forward to it.

5. Paul.S

Paul.S Producer

Paul
  6. Tim Glover

Tim Glover Lead Actor

Tim Glover
    Liar Liar, Bruce Almighty & Sneakers for me...[​IMG]

7. Bradley-E

Bradley-E Screenwriter

Universal Announces Baker's Dozen HD DVD Catalog Titles For June
    March 16, 2007

Universal Studios Home Entertainment has announced two waves of June HD DVD catalog titles totaling a whopping 13 in all.

On June 12, the studio will release 'Born on the Fourth of July,' 'Bruce Almighty,' 'Daylight,' 'Liar Liar,' 'Monty Python's The Meaning of Life' and 'Sneakers.' All will be presented in 1080p video and Dolby Digital Plus 5.1 audio, and we suspect include the same extra features as found on the standard DVD release, though that assumption is not yet confirmed.

Two weeks later on June 26, Universal will roll out 'American Me,' 'Being John Malkovich,' 'Bulletproof,' 'Mallrats,' 'Meet Joe Black,' 'Mystery Men' and 'The Watcher.' As with the June 12 titles, each will be presented in 1080p video and Dolby Digital 5.1 audio.

All of the thirteen announced titles will be on dedicated HD DVD discs as opposed to the more expensive Combo Format discs, and as such will carry an SRP of $29.98. We'll update each disc listing with extra features and high resolution cover art as they are made available.

8. Cees Alons

Cees Alons Moderator

Cees Alons
    Separate threads merged together.

9. ppltd

ppltd Producer

It was when it started. Doesn't seem to be anymore.

10. Cees Alons

Cees Alons Moderator

Cees Alons
    Yes, it's meant to be.

A single thread like this is fine, to alert interested members, but please feel free to add a clear post with a full listing of the newly announced Universal titles to that thread.

Note, BTW, that Robert Crawford is maintaining complete threads of each format.

Cees