3D United Artists 3-D

Discussion in 'Blu-ray and UHD' started by Richard--W, Aug 30, 2011.

1. Bob Furmanek

Bob Furmanek Insider
    Insider

Here is our new article on this lost 3-D feature:
    http://www.3dfilmarchive.com/lost-3-d

2. bgart13

bgart13 Screenwriter

Ben
    Any chance of I, THE JURY getting a release (if WAX does well)?

3. revgen

revgen Supporting Actor

Dan
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't believe that I, the Jury (1953) has even been officially released on DVD, LD, or MOD, much less Blu-Ray. The chances of a 3D Blu-Ray release seems rather slim even if Wax does well.

4. RolandL

RolandL Producer

Roland Lataille
    I quess we will have to wait till after Bob Furmanek, Greg Kintz and Jack Theakston meet with five studio archive departments to find out what interest they have in 3D releases on Blu-ray.

5. revgen

revgen Supporting Actor

Dan
    Good call Roland.

Repeating myself from the 3D Expo thread, but it's still relevant to this discussion.

Bob Furmanek just announced at the 3D Expo last night that he reached a deal with Olive Films to release Dragonfly Squadron on 3D Blu-Ray sometime next year. This is huge, since Dragonfly Squadron is a b-movie released by Allied Artists, not an A-title like Wax, Creature, or Dial M. There are no major stars like Vincent Price, Rita Hayworth, or Richard Carlson.

Bottomline, if you want I the Jury (1953) released on 3D Blu-Ray, Dragonfly Squadron (1954) is the blu-ray that the studios will be keeping an eye on.

6. Richard--W

Richard--W Banned

I, THE JURY is my most wanted 3-D blu-ray, together with

ARENA
    THE CHARGE AT FEATHER RIVER
    GUN FURY
    INFERNO
    MISS SADIE THOMPSON

7. Ejanss

Ejanss Banned

EricJ
    Yeah, I would've held out and gone for the "3-D Double Feature" idea of pairing up obscure (to the rest of us folk, anyway) genre B-titles that are likely under 90 minutes anyway.
    WE might think Dragonfly Squadron is a big deal, because we've been discussing it for a year, but again, it's not Wax or Kate, and it doesn't fit the "50's flying saucer" stereotype of 50's 3-D the way Creature does in the public's mind.

Olive may be pitching it to the niche that's heard of it, but that's a pretty small niche within a currently small niche.
    Marketing a genre in 3-D--like Taza and Feather River together for "3D Western double feature", for ex.)--is a lot easier than marketing titles without history or stars, even for those like me who ARE waiting for vintage Blu 3D.